PDA

View Full Version : New here- Lip Tremble/Quiver

LilyLabVA
08-12-18, 16:26
New here but NOT new to health anxiety. 7 years of this beast! Had it all :)
Newest symptom that is causing me worry is this seemingly new tremble/quiver in my lower lip area. I noticed it last week and figured it was caffeine. It continues daily, off and on regardless of caffeine or what not. My mother actually visualized it tremble a bit so it's physically happening. I went to GP who basically knows I have terrible HA and wrote it off as BFS and not to worry. He said if things get worse he can send me to a neurologist but I am totally against testing unless medically necessary as I have learned the hard way too much testing leads to incidentals, possible incorrect readings, and continued cycles of anxiety. Anyway since my lip has begun trembling the I had a panic attack. All week my body is having shakes, tremors and twitches which is a familiar feeling after being very anxious but it is NOT stopping. I feel like a walking spaz of twitches and shakes! Can anyone help me out with this lip thing? I just dont want it to be a BT! It's not a twitch its an actual quiver/tremor involuntary. I do sometimes clench my teeth and wondered if that could be a reasonable explanation. Hoping to find others who have had this exact thing with lip and it not be related to anything sinister....

Nicole0134
08-12-18, 17:43
I've had similar - but also a full blown lip twitch. I found it quite scary when it first happened (about 6 months ago) - googled.....got the usual MS/ALS diagnosis. I've had it a few times since. Sometimes it doesn't actually "develop" into a twitch - more of just a slight tremor as you say. I have a word with myself before I go down the doom and gloom route and find it usually disappears.

LilyLabVA
08-12-18, 22:15
Thanks for your reply! I can’t seem to find much about this topic at all so that makes me a little worried. Knowing others have had it makes me feel a lot better. I could deal with a twitch bc I know not to fear them but I can’t deal with a actually trembling lip for no reason!

Mandyhieronimus
18-12-18, 01:46
I’ve had this along with some on and off shock like feelings. It’s weird and scary. I had myself convinced that I have metastatic breast cancer and I have a year to live. I don’t even think about it until it happens again then down the rabbit hole I go again. I hate HA! It’s stealing my joy!