PDA

View Full Version : Weird sensation whilst driving! Anyone else?

tan235
09-12-18, 09:08
So this is new to me. I love driving and normally have to drive long distances for work etc, but lately when I"m driving I get this weird disassociation sensation, I can't explain it very well but it's like the road starts slipping or something or I am slowing down but the road is going fast, it's really weird and I have to cough or shake my head to get rid of it. Has anyone else had anything like this? I'm wondering if it's neurological however, if I distract myself i don't notice it and sometimes I"ll be driving and think Oh I don't have it today and then BAM! I have it. I"m assuming it's a new symptom of anxiety but one I don't want as I have to drive a lot! I normally get to the other destination which is 2 hours away and i feel dizzy and kinda exhausted, I'm knew to driving I got my drivers license very late - i'm 40 and have been driving for 4 years, but this, as I said, is new - anyone else feel spacey whilst driving? Please help!
:ohmy::blush::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Carnation
09-12-18, 09:27
Oh yes! Anxiety!

Scass
09-12-18, 11:16
Yes! Sometimes I realise I’ve been holding my breath & my hands are clenched on the wheel. Few deep calming breaths & all is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NancyW
09-12-18, 13:19
Yep and it's awful. I'm ok until "that feeling" crosses my mind and then bam, it's there. Makes me avoid driving with anyone in the car with me it's embarrassing.

RadioGaGa
09-12-18, 13:45
tan235

Yes! I have had some strange sensations when driving as well. What you describe is NOT alarming or worrying at all! Especially because you can make it stop when you want