PDA

View Full Version : Can oral C be picked off and return

LF87
14-07-18, 18:13
Hi,
I've had HA for a long time but managed to beat it for the most part over the last couple of years.

Lately I've been feeling a small spot like thing on the roof of my mouth and actually scratched it off. The other day I really scratched it and was a bit sore. So today I got the torch out, something I've not done for a long long time, and looked at the roof of my mouth. I'm horrified to find a little red spot there. I don't think the redness was there before I scratched, but there's suddenly a tiny spot, like the size of a pin prick.
I'm going away next week for my brothers wedding and I know now the consequences of shining the torch in my mouth, this will torment me the whole time.

Can anyone offer any advice? Could it just be harmless? I don't know what to do.
Thanks

darthvader
14-07-18, 20:49
It’s probably just a small abrasion or ulcer of some sort. I get random marks like that in my mouth all the time. I bet if you check it in a day or two it will be gone

LF87
13-11-18, 12:41
Hi, I'm merging this thread I started. The little tiny spot thing is still appearing and I can't get into my doctor til next week. I am making myself ill with worry. Its a tiny red spot on the roof of my mouth and feels like a little pin prick when I rub my tongue over. I've been picking it off and ignoring it but today decided to look into my mouth and freaking out. Does anyone have anything similar or could offer advice xx

LF87
13-11-18, 18:38
Anyone :(

Fishmanpa
13-11-18, 18:49
Why not go back and read some of your past threads. There's a of of great advice and reassurance there.

Positive thoughts

LF87
13-11-18, 20:16
Hi fishman, I have read through all my past posts today and seen how many times I've panicked about my mouth. I also saw how long ago I first posted about this raised red spot thing, it was like 4 months ago and it's still there. I can pick it off but it comes back. I am ill over it. Do you think it sounds sinister? I just don't know what it can be.

LF87
10-12-18, 22:19
Hi,

I've posted about this before and finding myself in a state. Tiny pin prick sized pimple on the roof of my mouth, if I look with a torch it is a tiny red mark. Feels like a grain of sand. I pick it off, it goes away (redness and bump goes), only to reappear again a week or so ish later, usually after I eat. Please please help. I know we're supposed to merge but I'm too panicked to find my older posts

Fishmanpa
10-12-18, 22:29
All you have to do is go to your profile, click statistics and look at your posting history. It literally takes less time than typing a new post :shades: IMO, being a survivor, no, you can't pick off cancer. Again, go back and re-visit your posting history with this issue. If you're truly that concerned see your dentist but it sounds like a reaction to a certain food.

Positive thoughts

Clarice1
10-12-18, 22:32
No you defo can't pick off cancer...

LF87
11-12-18, 09:03
I just don't understand what it can be though. If it was just reappearing in different places it wouldn't bother me, but it's the same place. And I don't freak out over general lumps and bumps in my mouth like I used to anymore, I feel it's genuinely odd and a boy who cried wolf situation. I'm still waiting for docs appointment but can't stop worrying. I'm fine when it disappears, then I feel it again like a week later, pick it off and the cycle continues. Whdh I scratch it off and after it's healed where I've scratched the red spot / feel of it is gone. What could cause this? Sorry I'm just hoping someone might have an idea to help me rationalise.

NervUs
11-12-18, 15:46
The bottom line is, no one here can tell you what it is. Yoy need to sit with uncertainty until you see your doctor or dentist. It is really hard to do that when in the throes of HA. But, there is no answer to your question. It's a medical question.

WiseMonkey
11-12-18, 18:51
Grab some Oracort from the chemist and dab a bit on. It's a dental paste and great for oral lesions. Then if it's not gone in 10 days see your Dr or dentist.