PDA

View Full Version : Jerking awake with a racing heart.

Mav
11-12-18, 14:40
This happened to me once last year, and once earlier this year and both times I assumed it was caffeine and stress related.

It happened again yesterday (I had not consumed alot of caffeine), I wanted a quick 30 minute nap (I was feeling fine all day, not anxious, just tired) and I woke up jittery and my heart racing.

Then at night, I couldn't sleep, I would sleep for 30 mins and then jerk awake, I woke up again once with a racing heart and shaking. So I gave up on sleep, decided to relax and watch a few episodes of friends, eventually I fell back asleep and luckliy got four or five hours of deep sleep.

But it's scary, it comes out of the blue. I don't know why it happens. Is it anxiety? fatigue? I have no idea. I don't know if it could be more serious. :( Can anyone else relate?

RadioGaGa
11-12-18, 18:10
Classic anxiety symptom. I get this regularly

ankietyjoe
11-12-18, 18:58
Yeah very common. I used to have it several times a night for several months, often waking up with my heart rate way over 120-130bpm.

You need to do things that calm your mind and body down before you sleep, for me that was meditation.