PDA

View Full Version : How to get past it.

rmq00108
11-12-18, 19:25
I have a tiny spot of the back of my throat. It's soft and squishy, about the size of a BB, but not a lump. I have now had 2 dentist and 1 Internal medicine doctor look at it and tell me it's nothing, just normal variations in normal tissues. Have had a sore throat and sickness in our house for 3 week. It could have been there all along they said. Dentist today, who has been practicing in a highly respected practice said he would not give it one worrisome thought. So.....has anybody been in this spot and still struggled to let it go? What helps?

RadioGaGa
11-12-18, 20:22
Dentists are the experts/supreme authorities when it comes to the mouth (and, arguably, the face). If you've had two dentists look at this, and they've concluded it's nothing, it's time to move on!!!

For anyone reading this, I recommend if you ever have any issues relating to your mouth or face like symptoms of TMJ, see your dentist

Good luck!!

rmq00108
11-12-18, 21:57
Dentists are the experts/supreme authorities when it comes to the mouth (and, arguably, the face). If you've had two dentists look at this, and they've concluded it's nothing, it's time to move on!!!

For anyone reading this, I recommend if you ever have any issues relating to your mouth or face like symptoms of TMJ, see your dentist

Good luck!!

Thank you for getting back to me. It's a very insidious disease, health anxiety.it's amazing that you can only want and hope for an all-clear from a doctor but then when you get it from 3 you still have a lingering thought in your mind. I was actually amazed and talking to the nurses there how infrequently they say they see oral cancer, and she said those they do see usually know they have it. And only in a few instances in a couple decades have they caught it as part of a routine exam, and this folks got treated and moved on

rmq00108
12-12-18, 20:12
Head is getting the best of me today. After seeing a second dentist yesterday and him telling me the same thing a GP and another dentist has told me, that the spot in the back of my throat is completely normal variation in normal salivary tissue, my mind is a mess today. I am not an expert, they are the experts. Combined 79 years of experience, yet my head is playing games with me. My Lord this sucks. I start CBT Monday but this is awful