PDA

View Full Version : Beetroot and pink urine

Dan21
12-12-18, 20:39
Has anyone experienced eating beetroot and it turning your pee pink? I had a couple of roasted beetroot late Monday eve and was sent into waves of panic this morning when I went to the bathroom. It seems to have eased through the day. An over-reaction you might say but my Dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer and pink urine was the first sign of anything wrong.

I'm hoping and preying this is from the beetroot.

Any words would be much appreciated.

Fishmanpa
12-12-18, 20:43
I don't encourage Googling but this is a slam dunk.

Positive thoughts

Danny88
12-12-18, 21:01
Hey Dan yeah I've experienced that a few times. Even had it coloured coming out the other end which had me worried as I thought it was blood but obviously wasn't lol.

Dan21
12-12-18, 21:17
Thanks both.

Dan, yes, without going into too much detail that also happened today. It's just I've eaten beetroot loads of times before but never (that I can recall) have had pink pee. Hoping that it's all clear by tomorrow - can't take this level anxiety again.

BlueIris
12-12-18, 21:33
It's happened to me, and I still get a little shiver of terror each time ;)

venusbluejeans
12-12-18, 21:40
I love beetroot, you also get 'mahogonay' number 2's lol

NancyW
12-12-18, 21:53
Yes, 100% positive.

Carys
12-12-18, 22:11
Well, to warn you....also....asparagus makes your wee smell disgusting, absolutely awful. This takes me by surprise every time it happens LOL

JoeCanuck
13-12-18, 03:28
Well, to warn you....also....asparagus makes your wee smell disgusting, absolutely awful. This takes me by surprise every time it happens LOL

Funnily enough, some people don't produce smelly pee from asparagus and some people can't smell the smell.

So you might have smelly pee and not be able to smell it.