PDA

View Full Version : Fibre glass installation worried

Brad10
13-12-18, 16:18
So I was only pulling a little out and I noticed I started coughing soon after and too realize it was fibre glass installation am I okay ? I'm really worried

Hypo27
13-12-18, 16:22
I do heat and air work so I’m exposed all the time. Unless your exposed all the time for long periods of time you’ll be fine. Just make sure you wear a dust mask when you expose yourself to insulation.

Brad10
13-12-18, 16:31
That's the work I'm in! So it's suppose to make you cough then? I don't really work with it that's why I'm worried

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

I do heat and air work so I’m exposed all the time. Unless your exposed all the time for long periods of time you’ll be fine. Just make sure you wear a dust mask when you expose yourself to insulation.

That's the work I'm in! So it's suppose to make you cough then? I don't really work with it that's why I'm worried

Hypo27
13-12-18, 16:51

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

Oh yea it’s definitely going to make you cough because of the fiberglass in the insulation. Just wear a dust mask it’ll be ok.

Justdontknowanymore
14-12-18, 10:52
Wasn't asbestos substituted with fiberglass because it is safe?

JoeCanuck
14-12-18, 13:58
Fiberglass is safer than asbestos, but inhaling particulate is generally not good for you.