PDA

View Full Version : Good News!

Fishmanpa
13-12-18, 16:27
Hey folks,

I eluded to a life situation concerning employment in a couple of replies. Long story short, I've been unemployed since October. There were a couple of factors involved but the bottom line is that I was the victim of verbal abuse by the owners daughter for several years. It's a small family business and blood is thicker than the $$ I brought in. I put up with it for years and had many documented conversations with the owner about it. It wasn't taken care of and I finally had enough, took out my phone and recorded it. She had a meltdown and even got physical trying to take my phone away. Needless to say I covered my ass. Rather than face the legal challenges that presented, I was offered a generous exit agreement.

As you can imagine, at 59, age discrimination was a frequent issue I encountered in my job search. I've been in the music industry my entire career. I've been a full time musician and have spent the last 20 years in the music manufacturing industry. One of my customers was Furnace Record Pressing. If you follow music, you know that vinyl is making a big comeback. Furnace is blowing up and has produced many of the vinyl pieces you see on the shelves today, not only for indie musicians and bands but for many major labels. The facility is freaking amazing and the culture is even better!

Anyway, I interviewed with them twice in the last week and I received and accepted a very generous offer today. Due to my experience and the fact they're growing faster than they can keep up with, the opportunities for advancement both in position and monetarily are huge! It's in Alexandria, VA (Near DC) and will be a heck of a commute (65 miles each way) for a few months until we're able to re-locate but it's going to be worth it.

It's been very stressful the last 6 months between the toxic work environment and looking for work but the sense of relief I feel is huge! I can now look forward to finishing my career in the business I love so much. The words in my signature ring true, especially the "enjoy the work you do" part :D Best of all, even with re-locating, I can still keep my gig in the Shenandoah National Park that I've been doing for the last 8 years :yesyes:

Here's to bigger and better things.

Positive thoughts

BlueIris
13-12-18, 16:34
Oh, wow, congratulations! I'm so glad things are working out for you!

Carys
13-12-18, 16:43
You have DONE WELL !!!!! Huge congratulation FMP, nearing 60 is an incredibly tough time to find work and it sounds like this is just perfect. :yesyes:

vicky23
13-12-18, 17:32
fantastic news great to hear :yesyes:

AMomentofClarity
13-12-18, 17:35
Congratulations! Awesome news!

brucealmighty
13-12-18, 17:49
Delighted for you, you do so much to help people on here I'm glad some luck has gone your way.

Phuzella
13-12-18, 18:05
Brilliant :)

Darksky
13-12-18, 18:29
:yesyes: great stuff. Good things happening to good people.

Scass
13-12-18, 18:55
Oh that’s brilliant news! Huge congratulations. Sounds like the job was just waiting for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojo2316
13-12-18, 19:17
Wonderful news FMP, you couldn’t deserve it more. Thank you for all you do.
Xxxx

Buster70
13-12-18, 20:44
Well done fishman , good to hear you are putting the crackle back in to vinyl.:)

pulisa
13-12-18, 21:07
You deserve some wonderful news, FMP! Really pleased for you!

Carnation
13-12-18, 21:13
Your prayers must have been answered FMP. :D

Elen
14-12-18, 07:56
That is brilliant news FMP, so pleased that things have worked out.

mezzaninedoor
14-12-18, 08:03
Great News FMP, hope the future continues to develop positively

swajj
14-12-18, 13:13
Good for you Fish, it sounds like an amazing opportunity. I love music and I’m glad to hear that records are taking off again.

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

What instrument do you play Fish?

Fishmanpa
14-12-18, 14:58
Good for you Fish, it sounds like an amazing opportunity. I love music and I’m glad to hear that records are taking off again.

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

What instrument do you play Fish?

I'm a guitarist/vocalist :) I dabble with mandolin, bass, keys. I've played in bands throughout my career but my main deal is a solo singer/songwriter.

Positive thoughts

KK77
16-12-18, 00:41
Quite right that you should get the job after all my careful coaching, old boy :shades:

swajj
29-12-18, 00:15
I'm a guitarist/vocalist :) I dabble with mandolin, bass, keys. I've played in bands throughout my career but my main deal is a solo singer/songwriter.

Positive thoughts

So do you have anything on YouTube? Or sren’t You saying? lol

Noivous
05-01-19, 23:19
FMP! Congratulations! I'm sure you are going to kick ass at your new job. Best of luck. Of course I use digital but open up a new vinyl record and use a new stylus (millennial's don't know what that is btw :D) and it beats digital every time.

That is good news.

N.

PS...you're really having a big year so far...a new job and Nancy Pelosi!
Sorry couldn't resist...

AntsyVee
06-01-19, 05:41
LOL maybe this is just a cover story and he IS Nancy Pelosi...

J/k. Good to hear, FMP

mezzaninedoor
07-01-19, 18:03
keep playing that music FMPa

jray23
08-01-19, 03:42
Just saw this, congrats fmp!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ErinKC
06-02-19, 22:36
Just saw this. Congrats! I didn't know you were in the DC area. I used to live there (in Baltimore now). Good luck finding a new place so you don't have to commute too long! Alexandria will be an awesome place to work.

Pkstracy
07-02-19, 22:24
WOOT Way to go !!! So Happy For You!!!!

cofo
11-02-19, 12:20
fishman that is fantastic!!!
what will you be doing at this job?