PDA

View Full Version : Useful site

ken123
30-08-07, 16:21
I thought I would share a sort of success story, not long ago I was messed around badly by the benefits people, they took me off incapacity, left me waiting for an appeal, which I won, then messed up the payments afterwards.
The story is a lot longer than that, I was given incorrect advice, messed around etc.

Anyway, I decided that being treated like that was just not right, and their had to be something that could be done about it.

Looking at the jobcenter website, it seemed the only way to complain would be to complain direct to the jobcenter, the people who were at fault!

So, instead, I found

http://www.writetothem.com/

A site that lets you write a letter to your local MP (member of parliament).

I sat down, and wrote a long email on the site, detailing the very long list of things that had happened, and asked if there was anything he could do to make sure it does not happen again to me or other people.

I received a email saying he would look into it.

Today, I received a envelope marked "House of Commons" with the official logo on it.

I opened it, and it was from my MP, a copy of the reply he received from the Jobcenter.

He had complained to them on my behalf, and the reply was quite long, it covered most of the things I complained about, and included several apologies, and stated the staff had been reminded of correct procedures etc.

They also forwarded my complaint to the people that run the benefits medicals, and my MP will be receiving their reply to my complaint in due course.

So, if any of you have found the benefit medicals or treatment/advice from the DWP/Jobcenter to be terrible, unfair, inhuman, downright beyond a joke, then consider doing what I did - write your complaint down to your local mp using the link in this post.

Its free, and you have nothing to lose, and hopefully each person that does get a reply, will mean there is one less jobcenter out there treating people like c***.

Perhaps as well, if enough people who have had experience of the benefit medicals complain (if justifiable) then they may have to get their act cleaned up, and others wont have to suffer what so many people suffer.

Nicki22
24-09-07, 13:02
hey hun this is just what happened to me last year !
i when for a medical i found that she asked me things i could do and nothing about what i suffer from then a few weeks later i got a letter saying i can no longer be on icap as i dint score enough points what a joke i feel to the floor and couldnt stop crying all i could say was i cant work !
my partner pushed me to go to a appeal which i passed !
but what made me laugh was i lost out on a lot of back pay just bcos i signed on the dole with my partner as we coulndt manage with the money they was paying us and just becos i did that i was told that affected the backpay they was going to pay me which noone at all told us that if they did i would never of signed on the stupid dole lol ! you did the right thing hun to complain i think its a little to late for me to complain now as it was last year !
pm me if you need a chat hun xoxox