PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have tiny BENIGN freckles that change shape a little?

Meriland30
13-12-18, 17:05
I get these little brown freckles on my arms after I am out in the sun. I've always been like that, they usually pop up 1-2 days after sun exposure. They are usually super tiny (0.5mm - 1mm max). Every once in a few years...the older freckles (10+ years old) change shape (not size) like an oval turns into a crescent shape, etc. Apparently these arent worrisome...but I am wondering why it happens? Like my husband had one that looked a different shape than it used to, I do, my mom does...and its only on really tiny freckles. Does anyone else have freckles that change shape but not size or anything? Why does it occur?

bin tenn
13-12-18, 17:58
Does the "why" ultimately matter? Does it bother you, or is it merely curiosity? I imagine it's probably because the skin changes over time. Maybe the freckle itself isn't changing, but rather the skin around it is stretching/changing, thus appearing to alter the shape of the freckle. A lot of mine have changed in minor ways over the years.

Meriland30
13-12-18, 21:03
Possible. This one seemed recent tho. But maybe ?

AMomentofClarity
13-12-18, 21:33
Curiosity leads to Googling...Googling leads to panic and hysteria. If you know it’s benign, just let it go.

bin tenn
14-12-18, 00:40
If I remember correctly, it is also very common for moles/freckles to evolve over time, as we age. Changes are often best checked by a doc, of course, but hardly ever any real cause for concern, IMO.