PDA

View Full Version : Leukemia Worries

rmq00108
14-12-18, 19:25
Been feeling a bit sick last few weeks, allegies, viruses in the home. Also have been dealing with extreme anxiety and stress. Doc visit revealed a WBC of 13.1 with a top range of 11, absolute granulocytes 10.6 with top range of 8.0. My Doc, ARPN and an Oncologist I had read my bloodwork says says there is absolutely nothing to worry about, don't even want to repeat. The remainder of my bloodwork was "perfect". Anyone else here struggled with this?

RadioGaGa
14-12-18, 19:36
Your wbc and granulocytes are raised. Nobody online can really say for sure why this could be. It could be infection.

Also a haematologist would deal with leukaemia - why are you seeing an oncologist for this?

Im sorry I can't be more help. I'm not sure if you're asking because you have leukaemia or that you're worried you may have it

Either way, your doctor is the best placed to explain the wbc and granulocytes to you

Good luck

Edit. I re read your post (I'm using from my mobile). I'm assuming you DON'T have leukaemia and that you're worried you do. In that case ^wbc can be caused by many things including infections.

I really woudltn be worried if your doctor sees no reason to be :-)

rmq00108
14-12-18, 19:52
Just worried I do. Even though 2-3 docs are telling me not to worry, no need to repeat, my mind is a mess

NancyW
14-12-18, 19:55
Just worried I do. Even though 2-3 docs are telling me not to worry, no need to repeat, my mind is a mess

If "2-3 docs" are telling you not to worry and you don't believe them why would you believe anyone on here ?

rmq00108
14-12-18, 20:00
If "2-3 docs" are telling you not to worry and you don't believe them why would you believe anyone on here ?

I'm just struggling mightily. That's all. It's irrational. Just didn't know if anyone else on here had similar experience

Fishmanpa
14-12-18, 20:44
I'm just struggling mightily. That's all. It's irrational. Just didn't know if anyone else on here had similar experience

Scroll to the bottom of the page for similar threads and/or do a search for pages of similar threads.

Positive thoughts

rmq00108
14-12-18, 21:47
Doctor just emailed me.

We take bloodwork very seriously. So for us to say it looks okay and not to worry about means we are pretty confident in that. I would definitely focus on treating the anxiety. You should not give a second thought to leukemia based on this.

Fishmanpa
14-12-18, 21:56
Doctor just emailed me.

We take bloodwork very seriously. So for us to say it looks okay and not to worry about means we are pretty confident in that. I would definitely focus on treating the anxiety. You should not give a second thought to leukemia based on this.

Bam! That's telling it like it is! I wish more doctors were that direct!

https://media.giphy.com/media/1d5TltIzaMIpsgng0x/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

rmq00108
14-12-18, 22:19
It's pretty straight forward, isn't it.