PDA

View Full Version : ectopic heartbeats

kirstylou73
30-08-07, 20:22
:mad:
Hi everyone, im feeling really down at the moment and very frustrated with these ectopic heartbeats, they seem to be coming thick and fast at night-time so much so i dont really want to go to bed and stay up til the early hours watching tv, i take medication for high blood pressure but i have taking my blood pressure and its 117/77 which is really good. When i last when to the Dr's he just said i would have to get use to them and that they werent causing me any harm, easier said than done. Sorry for moaning but at the moment they seem to be taking over my life

jodie
30-08-07, 22:01
hi kirsty

i have ectopics all the tiime and get them more at night i find myself going to bed then they start and i jmp up in a panic eather sit in the kitchen scared or watch tv as you do i have been known to go to a&e in a panic only to be sent home having been told i am fine .
i have had scans on my heart all came back ok ecg,s all ok and been told what you have been told that i am fine ,i do feel if you panic you get more jst try looking upone them as a bunch of sneezes thats what somone posted on the forum at one point ....hope this helps there are lots of posts on ectopics do a search and have a read

jodie xx

richard sharp
30-08-07, 22:11
they can have that effect on you. i, like you take medication for bp and get some ectopic-like heartbeats and the gp has told me not to worry and i try to keep on top of things. be positive and stop taking your bp as it concentrates the mind on the problem and creates more ectopics.
richard

nomorepanic
30-08-07, 22:49
Have you tried coughing?