PDA

View Full Version : Lymph node returned ????

LilyLabVA
09-12-18, 16:10
I am so scared! Last week I had a few swollen lymph nodes. It was the second time that week I visited my GP and I’m pretty sure they think I’m nuts... anyway the lymph node has since gone down some. I started getting some itching on my lower legs so bad last night that I almost caused them to bleed from the scratching! Then this morning the underneathwr of my arms is all red. No bumps you can feel but it’s like a Lacey rash you can see. My own mother who has no HA confirmed I had some type of rash. So it’s not in my head. I’m so scared this is all pointing to a cancer specifically lymphoma! I looked up itching on a medical site and it was very clear that this could be caused by lymphoma! I was hoping it would say that that would be rare! So now I’m physically shaking and trying not to break down. The holidays are here and I’ve been a mess. Please help!

LilyLabVA
10-12-18, 16:22
High anxiety. Rash visible on arms and truck. Faint pink Lacey not many bumps, but minuscule bumps possible when itching. Itchy legs almost unablerable but rash not as noticeable on legs. Lower calves and ankles horrible itch!
Had a lymph node that went down recently. Lost 5lbs this week due to no appetite from anxiety and stress.
Dr made me feel silly last week as I was in TWICE. Not going again u less this does not resolve. Please help calm me down... I’m thinking things like lymphoma :(
Normal CBC early September.

Hypomania
10-12-18, 17:32
Hi Lily,

I'm no doctor, but from what I know, lymphoma rashes are VERY VERY severe in both feeling and appearance. If lymphoma had invaded your skin and was causing a rash, it would be obvious, not little bumps or tiny red areas... think massive red blotches all over your body. Also, the itch is described as being relentless and unbearable, like it feels deep within the body that is not relived by scratching.

Elen
10-12-18, 17:59
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

RadioGaGa
10-12-18, 18:15
Just get some Eurax cream to tide you over until you see your doctor. Rashes are notoriously difficult to diagnose... Especially on an Internet forum!!!

One of the first things we're told to ask patients (this applies to community pharmacy rather than hospital) if they present wih a rash is 'have you changed your washing detergent recently?'

It's remarkable the amount of people that answer yes, change back to their old brand, and the rash disappears. Its simply an allergic reaction they've taken to the powder.

Other than that, try seeing your pharmacist or doctor in real life

Good luck

LilyLabVA
15-12-18, 14:49
Okay long story short- had 3 lymph nodes swell last week. One on head / scalp and 2 behind either ear. I freaked out of course and they ended up disappearing after 3-4 days.

Now at least one is back up. It’s still small and squishy but it’s back. Do bad lymph nodes come and go like that? Not that I have heard.

I have had minor issues with my scalp. I saw minor bc I can imagine this causing lymph node to swell but a bit of dandruff and a very small pimple or two in my hair. I lightly scratched at one yesterday. Like so lightly and so small that it was like nothing.

I may try some head and shoulders shampoo again.

anyway any help understanding a recurring node would be nice :)

nomorepanic
15-12-18, 14:52
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.