PDA

View Full Version : Poisoned by hand soap?

heavyweightworrier
15-12-18, 15:34
Hi, about two and a half hours ago I washed my hands with regular hand soap and then took my meds (antidepressants, the main ingredient is serotonin) and now for about half an hour my face has been feeling hot and I’m scared its because I somehow got poisoned if there were some remains of soap on my hands as I touched my meds to take them. If there were remains of soap it definitely wasn’t much, nothing visible, but I can’t tell how much of this fear is rational. :(

AMomentofClarity
15-12-18, 15:45
Didn’t your mother ever wash your mouth out with soap when you said a bad word??? Ok, maybe that’s just an American thing. :)

You’re fine. It’s literally impossible.

venusbluejeans
15-12-18, 16:14
They wouldn't make soap which could poison you, otherwise they may have a few legal claims on the go

Carys
15-12-18, 16:28
Didn’t your mother ever wash your mouth out with soap when you said a bad word??? Ok, maybe that’s just an American thing. :smile:

No, that happened to my brother when he was young, he was made to do this!I don't think it is the 'done thing' nowadays however, but he never had any issue with it (apart from it was flippin disgusting).

As Venus says, it is HAND SOAP that is made to be safe and people must be putting it in their mouths all the time. It will not cause any issues.

NancyW
15-12-18, 17:17
There are a lot of viruses going around where I live. My work puts me in close contact with people ie: and their bugs.
I am was hung my hands constantly, just washed them again before eating a sandwich. I feel 1000% positive this is safe... I feel 1000% positive you dud not poison yourself with hand soap.

Magic
15-12-18, 17:58
I wash my hands with soap many times a day with a bar of soap. No problems from doing that.

Worrywart84
15-12-18, 18:43
When my toddler went through a phase of getting ahold of personal hygiene items and putting them in her mouth—toothpaste, deodorant, and hand soap—I had poison control on speed dial. Hand soap is minimally toxic when ingested in small amounts like a taste or a lick. You would have to intentionally ingest more than a mouthful for Poison Control to even blink an eye. If they weren’t concerned in the slightest about my toddler, then I’m sure you are A okay.