PDA

View Full Version : Mild concussion

fma11122345
17-12-18, 17:29
So I was walking home form the store last night, a car nearly hit me because it was going too fast and swerving. Luckily I jumped out of the way in time only to wack my head on something. What I don't really remember, but I get home and i feel fine, other then the huge bump on the back of me head. So fast forward to like 2 hours latter and I start to feel sick to my stomach and my head really hurt along with blurry vision. I go to the er and isntly they wanted to do a ct scan. Of course I freek out because my health anxiety is focused on my head and neck. They say i have to, so I reluctantly agree. So i have the scan and was diagnosed the mild concussion. I was pretty happy that nothing showed up on the scan like a tumor or anything. But what really freaked me out was that the want me to see a neurologist? If I was diagnosed already why do i have to see a neuro? Is that normal?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Quack
17-12-18, 17:39
There is so much that is still unknown about brain injuries. The doctor is likely playing it safe and wants you to be re-monitored a few days later to make sure everything is ok.

fma11122345
18-12-18, 15:32
Ugh...last night it really made me acted out at my girlfriend...she wasn't awnaer my messages and I completely went manic on her....one hour pissed other hour sad. And then lastly loving, like I normally am. Wtf!? -sighs- could this be part of the concussion? Iv never freak out on her before, i love the girl to death and would never hurt her in anyway...it just a wired feeling. I see the Nero in a few days. God...this weekend has been a mess

AMomentofClarity
18-12-18, 15:56
Ugh...last night it really made me acted out at my girlfriend...she wasn't awnaer my messages and I completely went manic on her....one hour pissed other hour sad. And then lastly loving, like I normally am. Wtf!? -sighs- could this be part of the concussion? Iv never freak out on her before, i love the girl to death and would never hurt her in anyway...it just a wired feeling. I see the Nero in a few days. God...this weekend has been a mess

Sounds to me like you’re in your own head to be honest