View Full Version : Ms or parkinsons

Potter86
17-12-18, 18:57
Im convinced its one of these absolutly convinced

Symptoms
Visual snow,visual field full of black dots and static vision
Internal tremors all through the body not visible to look at
Dizziness as if im on a boat struggle to walk in a straight line
Speech problems like i have to think before i say things otherwise i get my words muddled up
Started to get aching muscles in the back of the legs

Ive accepted the visuals as visual snow syndrome,but these internal tremors like a car engine is revving up inside of me has been constant for a full year now,i pray for the day i can relax without my body vibrating and tremoring,id accept it as anxiety of it only came on whilst anxious but it os 24 hours a day.i also went on the treadmill at the gym and i had to really concentrate or id of fallen off as i was that dizzy

Ive seen multiple docs who all just dismiss it as anxiety,i feel i cant go back as there gettimg bored of it,i have seen a neuro who tried to say it was migraines and nothin sinister,i have had a head mri which was clear,the worst symptom is these internal tremors i just want to relax.im so so convinced i have ms or parkinsons im considering payin private im closr to just giving up.

nomorepanic
17-12-18, 19:03
I would go with anxiety as well - have you read our symptoms website page?

jray23
17-12-18, 19:35
I have vestibular migraine (working diagnosis). I've either experienced everything you mention or heard others with migraine mention that they do. Migraine (even painless) is a real probability. Your neuro isn't crazy. It's likely either that or just plan old anxiety.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

The last three things especially go hand in hand. If you're dizzy, your legs will work harder than usual to stay upright, making them sore, twitchy, etc. Then also, your brain is working overtime focusing on what is usually a mindless activity to balance. So now it can't do other things as smoothly as usual. It's called "brain fog".

MrLurcher
17-12-18, 20:00
Out of interest, how did you get a Neuro appt?

I saw a doc today after some recent weird symptoms and he like you just said it was anxiety, basing it on the fact I worry excessively about health.

I asked about getting referred to a Neuro and he said 'there's no need' and to trust him etc.

Potter86
17-12-18, 20:02
I have vestibular migraine (working diagnosis). I've either experienced everything you mention or heard others with migraine mention that they do. Migraine (even painless) is a real probability. Your neuro isn't crazy. It's likely either that or just plan old anxiety.

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

The last three things especially go hand in hand. If you're dizzy, your legs will work harder than usual to stay upright, making them sore, twitchy, etc. Then also, your brain is working overtime focusing on what is usually a mindless activity to balance. So now it can't do other things as smoothly as usual. It's called "brain fog".

Thanks for your response,the thing is though these tremors are persistant i dont get any rest from them,surely if it was migraine related they should come and go?being honest the dizziness i had for about 3 months then it faded but it has returned,these vibrations and tremors are depressing me now,its fristrating because there not visible so when i see the doctors and explain it they just ignore it,i do suffer from health anxiety and cbt helped me alot but these tremors have not gone away

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Out of interest, how did you get a Neuro appt?

I saw a doc today after some recent weird symptoms and he like you just said it was anxiety, basing it on the fact I worry excessively about health.

I asked about getting referred to a Neuro and he said 'there's no need' and to trust him etc.

After seeing the doctor about 20 times i sort of demanded one,im close to demanding another haha

MrLurcher
17-12-18, 20:17
Fair enough, 20 times is quite a lot! I've been back and forth about anxiety and depression and more recently health anxiety. I visited A&E one night a month ago 'cos I thought I had a CSF sinus leak. :-/

All those symptoms you listed I also get btw.

Potter86
17-12-18, 20:25
Fair enough, 20 times is quite a lot! I've been back and forth about anxiety and depression and more recently health depression. I visited A&E one night a month ago 'cos I thought I had a CSF sinus leak. :-/

All those symptoms you listed I also get btw.

I was exagerating abit when i said 20 but its been quite a few times.do you get internal tremors?

MrLurcher
17-12-18, 20:52
I was exagerating abit when i said 20 but its been quite a few times.do you get internal tremors?

Depends what you mean by internal tremors? I do feel shaky at times, but no actually physically shaking.

jray23
17-12-18, 21:32
"Thanks for your response,the thing is though these tremors are persistant i dont get any rest from them,surely if it was migraine related they should come and go?"

I always thought that too, but apparently that's not always the case. Migraines can be every single day all the time it seems. I feel really bad for those who have the painful ones that way!

Fishmanpa
17-12-18, 21:37
MS or Parkinsons?

Neither!

Positive thoughts

carrie45
18-12-18, 12:44
My dad had Parkinsons and he didnt have those symptoms, we knew he had it before he did, there are specific neuro tests you can do to confirm parkinsons such as unable to draw a clock face, a spiral, handwriting getting really small and your gait changes my dad all of a sudden was hunched over and walked with a shuffle. I dont think parkinsons is your issue. I have all your symptoms and I suffer with health anxiety. Hope this puts your mind at ease.

Potter86
18-12-18, 17:14
My dad had Parkinsons and he didnt have those symptoms, we knew he had it before he did, there are specific neuro tests you can do to confirm parkinsons such as unable to draw a clock face, a spiral, handwriting getting really small and your gait changes my dad all of a sudden was hunched over and walked with a shuffle. I dont think parkinsons is your issue. I have all your symptoms and I suffer with health anxiety. Hope this puts your mind at ease.

Hello i appreciate the response and im sorry your dad has the condition,i dont have any of the symptoms you mention but i have the constant tremor in my body and the dizziness and balance issues aswell as visual symptoms,the moat bothersome is the tremor i wish it would just stop,i know google is a bad idea but it all pointa to ms or parkinsons

carrie45
18-12-18, 17:40
The dizzy with Parkinson’s is because it makes you have vey low blood pressure my dads was 80/65 at some points, he never had eyesight issues or internal trembling, I used to worry about ms until I met someone with it and it was so obvious I didn’t have it xx

Ethansmom
20-12-18, 16:35
My dad has parkinsons and has the exact same symptoms as Carrie45 describes. You don't have it. My dad is also 72 years old.