PDA

View Full Version : well I did it!

Granny Primark
30-08-07, 21:31
I managed to take my daughter to the anti natal clinic today.
I was dreading the journey back at 4pm but the journey there was so scary, the traffic was horrendous and I was begging her to pass me my rescue spray. I kept telling her i wanted to go home, but she kept telling me Id got this far I could go all the way.
Trying to get a parking place was also a pain. I just wanted to give up and go home as quickly as possible.
Ive got this now for the next 3 weeks but im going have another trial run to see if I can find another way of getting there and back without the dreaded traffic jams.
Later I managed to take her partner work which is a a lot further than the trip to the anti natal with virtually no fear at all.
Of all the stupid fears to have I happen to have a fear of traffic jams.
It just seems so silly.
But anyways I did it.

Take care
LYNN xx

Gabby
30-08-07, 21:52
:yesyes: Well Done Lynn!!

With 3 wks of practice, ull be doing it no probs!

If it helps, i also have a fear of traffic jams and managed to sit in 10 minutes worth on the A2 today! yeay me! If i can do then u sure as hell can!

G xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lildutt
30-08-07, 22:25
well done lynn
bell xxx

Dawn2
30-08-07, 22:42
I managed to take my daughter to the anti natal clinic today.
I was dreading the journey back at 4pm but the journey there was so scary, the traffic was horrendous and I was begging her to pass me my rescue spray. I kept telling her i wanted to go home, but she kept telling me Id got this far I could go all the way.
Trying to get a parking place was also a pain. I just wanted to give up and go home as quickly as possible.
Ive got this now for the next 3 weeks but im going have another trial run to see if I can find another way of getting there and back without the dreaded traffic jams.
Later I managed to take her partner work which is a a lot further than the trip to the anti natal with virtually no fear at all.
Of all the stupid fears to have I happen to have a fear of traffic jams.
It just seems so silly.
But anyways I did it.

Take care
LYNN xx
Well done Lynn :hugs:

yorkylover
30-08-07, 23:23
Well Done:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

groovygranny
31-08-07, 00:20
Yep - we all knew you could do it....

.....you just had to know you could do it!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w59/Carlea_2007/GRAPHICS/welldone.gifLYNN !!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers::flowers:

jodie
31-08-07, 09:32
well done lynn
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

jodie xx

Paddington
31-08-07, 10:34
wow Lyn hun..well done:hugs: you sound just like me hun:D i hate traffis jams and tunnels etc..mad aint it:wacko: Well i too took my Daughter out hun..went to lunch..soon as i sat down started worrying about driving back:lac: got all stressed out..came home had upset tum:blush: then drank too much [to reward my efforts:blush: ]and i have the hangover from hell now..ha ha ha ha!!!But i drove there and back perfectly..sowhy we fret i dont know hun...huge welldone mate..you will get more relaxed the more you do it hun..it's a comfort zone thing:) Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Granny Primark
31-08-07, 11:16
:yesyes:Well done you too paddington!!!!:yesyes:

I know what you mean about when you go somewhere you then worry about the return journey.
And you had every reason to celebrate your success with a drink.
I did too! I sat and had a couple of glasses of wine and reflected on the day.
When I was begging emma to pass me the rescue spray she kept telling me to see how far I could go without using it. I then told her that wait til shes in labour and shes begging for gas and air, Il tell her to see how long she can go without using it!:D But I couldnt have done it without her. She is so encouraging and supportive. Sometimes a little bossy and pushy, but that helps me. I think its what I need.
Anyways thanks for everyones encouragement. It really does help.

Take care
LYNN xx

Paddington
31-08-07, 11:24
Oh lynn the gas annd air comment is a classic hun:lisa: Yes my Daughter sounds just like yours .We are mirror images of each other aren't we:D Only my one or two glasses turned into a whole bottle:blush: oops..well i am paying for it now hun:wacko: ha ha ha ha!!Keep upthe good work hun:flowers: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

manmoor
31-08-07, 12:12
See Granny Primark sure ain't you just wonderful. xxx

Alabasterlyn
31-08-07, 12:17
I think you did really well and you should be very pleased with yourself :D

The fear of traffic jams seems to be a very common one, I guess we feel trapped when we are stuck like that. I would rather drive twice as far and be constantly on the move than be sitting stuck in traffic :ohmy:

trac67
31-08-07, 16:24
WELL DONE LYN

you did brilliant, you go girl :yesyes:

Love

Trac xxx

honeybee3939
31-08-07, 18:13
A BIG WELL DONE from me too Lynn:yesyes: :yesyes:

Im awful in trafffic jams even as a passenger:ohmy: so i can understand just what a challenge that was for you hun !

A great achievement Lynn:yesyes: proud of you !

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxx

Southern_Belle
01-09-07, 17:45
Lynn, I'm so proud of you and knew you could do it. Just think when this baby comes how much you helped!

Love,

Laura

sandlin
01-09-07, 21:46
ooooowwwww Lynn you rotter- none of that gas and air deprivation please. Wish i could be the delivery midwife!!!!
Well done on your success

Linda xx

Ps Down your way when we play stoke but not till march

kazzie
02-09-07, 13:22
Nice One Lynn:yesyes:

WELL DONE YOU:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

Nibbles
04-09-07, 11:34
:yesyes: Well done GP, Gabby & Paddy :yesyes:

There's nothing silly about confronting your fears and you should all feel very proud. :hugs:

Take care,

Mike :)

Jabz
06-09-07, 16:35
i too have a fear of traffic jams, tunnels and bridges.

so well done !!

Granny Primark
06-09-07, 22:30
update.
I took her today for the class on pain relief. I was so nervous of the traffic jams but i knew i couldnt let her down.
Im sure i must have drank a 1/4 bottle of rescue spray and thats before we even had got there!
I thought the 2 hour class would drag.But it was interesting, and i even participated on the the part about relaxation cds and breathing correctly.
Even the midwife was impressed by granny primark!:yesyes:
I must admit that before I took her I rang my hubby to make sure in case I had a panic attack he knew where I was and could get to me.
I also took things in case I started to panic. Bottle of water, paper bag, rescue spray even a flask of coffee.
I even went home the on the road I avoid cus of the traffic. Granny Ps getting brave now.:yesyes:
On telling me hubby all about my afternoon, my hubby then told my daughter about his experiences of childbirth!
He told her that her mother needed gas and air at the birth but he needed gas and air at the conception!
And he wonders now why I didnt cook him his tea tonight!:sign20:

Take care
LYNN xx

Lindalou64
07-09-07, 01:03
Lol Lynn Hun Your Too Funny Ya Did A Great Job Hun....always Love To Read Ya Post Always Puts A Smile On My Face.........you Gonna Be In The Delivery Room With Her Also?.............love Ya.........linda Xxx

miseire
08-09-07, 00:45
well done super gran glad ur zimmers seeing the light of day love and best wishes granda primark xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx