PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Bone Cancer Scare....

SRaihala
19-12-18, 17:18
So, I'm a 27 year old woman. For the past couple months but especially this month, I have had a dull achiness in my hips. I can't really tell if it's muscular or in my bones but I'm thinking bones. I also have been having these weird migrating pains all over my skeleton. Legs, wrists, several spots on my spine. They feel like bruises but there's no bruise, and they come and go.

My fear is bone cancer. I'm afraid I have some unfound primary cancer and it's metastasized to my bones. Last time I had this fear people told me there was no way cancer could get to this point without my knowing it. But I know a lady who recently died of metastatic bone cancer and up until her final days she was claiming she had "no bone pain." So, the fact that I'm having even these slight unexplained pains concerns me. Bone cancer is kind of my number 1 fear I always struggle with so I'd appreciate some encouragement!

utrocket09
19-12-18, 17:47
So, I'm a 27 year old woman. For the past couple months but especially this month, I have had a dull achiness in my hips. I can't really tell if it's muscular or in my bones but I'm thinking bones. I also have been having these weird migrating pains all over my skeleton. Legs, wrists, several spots on my spine. They feel like bruises but there's no bruise, and they come and go.

My fear is bone cancer. I'm afraid I have some unfound primary cancer and it's metastasized to my bones. Last time I had this fear people told me there was no way cancer could get to this point without my knowing it. But I know a lady who recently died of metastatic bone cancer and up until her final days she was claiming she had "no bone pain." So, the fact that I'm having even these slight unexplained pains concerns me. Bone cancer is kind of my number 1 fear I always struggle with so I'd appreciate some encouragement!

Ya...that isn't how cancer of the bone works. My aunt has a blood cancer that causes bone pain. Believe me, if you had it would not be walking.

Worrywart84
19-12-18, 17:59
It’s illogical for you to think that because you read about a lady that had no bone pain until a few days before she died of Stage 4 bone cancer and you have some minor pain, that yours must be even worse than hers. It’s also telling that this is a recurring fear of the same kind of cancer.