PDA

View Full Version : Bowel cancer scare Please help, I’m really anxious and my life is falling apart

dantheman007
20-12-18, 07:05
Hi Everyone

I just want to start off by saying this website has really helped me in the past but this is the first time I am reaching out to you all

Since I lost my mom 2 years ago suddenly I have suffered badly from Health Anxiety and have many health issues but the one now is the most scary for me

I haven’t had a proper solid BM since March of this year, just to add I go once a day and I haven’t seen any blood so far . In June I got my stool tested and it showed inflammation ( calprotectin 152 , normal is till 50)

I saw a gastro guy and he did a rigid sigmoidoscopy and said all looked ok but if I continue to get worse then do colonoscopy

Thing is I haven’t gotten worse except feel a bit of pressure around my tailbone but everyone morning I go have a BM I am scared and sometimes it’s not formed and sometimes it’s like small weird shaped pieces ( sorry tmi )

I’m so scared to get my stool retested and be sent for colonoscopy, I have no family with any cancer but I’m scared they might find bowel cancer and I won’t live long to see my son grow up

Any advice from you guys will mean a lot

Thank you

Dan

---------- Post added at 07:05 ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 ----------

Hi All,

Just had a BM and when I wiped myself there was two specs of blood, I’m totally panicked and cryignnniw , I feel so much pressure down there

Please can someone reply to me

Thanks

BlueIris
20-12-18, 07:22
Try not to worry? There's been countless people on here before with similar problems and it's invariably been either haemorrhoids or a fissure. The occasional speck or streak of red blood is nothing to worry about - it happens to me every now and again, especially when I'm on a HA kick and I'm wiping myself too hard or too frequently.

dantheman007
20-12-18, 07:55
Thank you for replying , I am in such a bad way, The odd thing is when I wiped again there were no specs of blood, Im on way to work and crying on the tube, im scared to have a colonoscopy done and they find out something

Have you had one done?

BlueIris
20-12-18, 07:57
No, and I've had literally decades of non-solid bowel movements accompanied by the odd swipe of blood three or four times a year.

Not dead yet. Not even remotely ill yet. Haven't even seen a GP about it. I don't blame you for wanting to be sure (I suffer evil HA, just not regarding bowel issues), but I'm pretty sure you'll be fine, too.

jojo2316
20-12-18, 09:43
Was the blood bright red?
If so if CANT be anything sinister because your sigmoidoscopy will have seen half your bowel and blood from higher up wouldn’t look like that - in fact it would probably be invisible. Do sorry about your mum.
How old are you?

dantheman007
20-12-18, 12:03
thanks jojo i am 34 , it was 2 spots of bright red, i had a rigid sig done so i dont know how far it goes up, i am on my way to the gastro now ( i got a pvt appointment ), I will update you all when i get back

thank you for replying to me, it does mean alot and feel better

i think i will need a colonoscopy but the thought of them finding something scares me so much, i love my son and the thought of not being there for him is killing me....

dantheman007
20-12-18, 17:27
Hi All,

Just got back from Gastroenterologist, he has booked me for a colonoscopy in 12 days, what a great Xmas I’m going to have

He reassured me that he doesn’t think it’s cancer but it’s best to do it to figure out what’s wrong with me

I’m a nervous wreck, I’m so worried...

Scass
20-12-18, 18:16
You’ll still have a great Christmas! You can enjoy it and then have a colonoscopy and then go back to enjoying it again!

I’m so sorry about your Mum. My health anxiety got so much worse after losing my parents. I made myself quite ill after my Dad died 3 years ago and I’m still feeling the effects of that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dantheman007
20-12-18, 19:25
Thanks Scass, my mom was my world and after she passed away suddenly my body has shut down, I have had multiple health issues and now just when I thought I was better this has happend

I’m not sure what I would do if they find something serious

I was really looking forward to Xmas and new year but now it’s like a countdown

Thank you for messaging !

KrankerMann
21-12-18, 16:30
Hi dantheman,
As others have said, small amounts of red blood at irregular intervals are generally nothing to worry about. Almost certainly it's hemerroids or a fissure, or you've just wiped too hard. Happened to all of us.

My initial thought reading this is you may also be suffering with depression. Once you've got the colonoscopy out of the way, strongly consider talking to your doctor about depression. You don't have to live like this.

dantheman007
03-01-19, 08:04
Update

Colonoscopy was fine , no abnormalities seen , he did take some biopsies to check for microscopic inflammation just in case but assured me nothing is serious

Thank you all for your support

WiseMonkey
03-01-19, 08:22
Update

Colonoscopy was fine , no abnormalities seen , he did take some biopsies to check for microscopic inflammation just in case but assured me nothing is serious

Thank you all for your support

Great news and thanks for letting us know. The worse part of the colonoscopy is the prep, the actual procedure is easy. Glad you now have piece of mind :)

Scass
03-01-19, 08:31
Great news, thanks for the update. Wishing you all the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojo2316
03-01-19, 12:37
Fab! Not that I thought it would be any other way mind! Hope you can find some peace now...
Xx

dantheman007
04-01-19, 07:15
Thank you all, my advice to anyone would be if any doubt get this done , I’ve spent 6 months churning my brain and stressed out , once sedated you don’t feel much and won’t remember much either, the prep isn’t fun but it’s not torture either

I’ll Update you all once I get my biopsy results

Thanks