PDA

View Full Version : breathed in vacuum exhaust from hospital sweeper/vacuum cleaner?

fleurdor
20-12-18, 05:14
I am so careful about hygiene yet somehow these weird things always happen to me! I was in the waiting room at the hospital and there was a guy riding about on one of those funny street sweeper machines that wash and dry the floor as they ride along.

As he was going past everyone in the waiting area, the exhaust bit where all the hot air blows out was billowing out, and it blew in a few people's faces, including my own! It was mere inches from my face. I felt the air blow directly in my face, eyes, nose etc and because it took me by surprise, I accidentally breathed in, too :wacko:

Now I'm really paranoid because that machine collects all the dirt, germs, virsues, bacteria etc on the hospital floor, and obviously a lot of these things are too small to be filtered out by a vacuum cleaner!

So basically I'm scared that I had all these horrible germs from the hospital floor blown in my face :(

Pretty inconsiderate of the guy to drive so close to people, I mean he could have just asked us to move, but I think it was his first day or something cause he didn't seem to know what he was doing. I actually took note of the make of the machine and I was thinking of contacting them and asking them what filters they use for their cleaners and if they are able to filter bacteria etc :wacko: crazy I know! But I have a really severe phobia of germs :weep:

It's almost Christmas and now my anxiety has gone into overdrive, and I'm going to be worried about this for days. It's even worse than if a street sweeper went past, because hospitals are obviously full of nasty bugs :weep:

This is such a weird problem too, I don't know if anyone can advise.

MyNameIsTerry
20-12-18, 06:00
It will be the exhaust from the engine.

Think this way, if it's job is to collect up materials covered in germs & bacteria it's an awful design to then blow it all back out from a tube all over the place again. No one would use them and certainly not a hospital where infection control is seriously important to them.

fleurdor
20-12-18, 06:59
It will be the exhaust from the engine.

Think this way, if it's job is to collect up materials covered in germs & bacteria it's an awful design to then blow it all back out from a tube all over the place again. No one would use them and certainly not a hospital where infection control is seriously important to them.

I never thought of it that way tbh, thank you! I'm hoping what you're saying is the case since it makes sense :)