PDA

View Full Version : You know you have Panic disorder when ....

mirry
31-08-07, 09:40
I have seen this on another forum and thought what a good idea, so here goes ........................

when you cant bear anyone to join the que you are in .

when you cut your own hair.

When you pack your handbag with paper bags and rescue rememdy.

When the Tesco driver knows your full name with out reading the paperwork.

When your Gp puts everything down to panic disorder.

When you stock up with long life milk.

when people ask "whens the best time to phone you?" , you reply "anytime" .

:blush:

blackie
31-08-07, 10:13
Haha
I certainly fit two of the criteria. The postman and tesco's man both know me by sight and the phone one is so true.
Blackie

Paddington
31-08-07, 11:07
Oh Mirry that is brilliant..and so true:yesyes: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mirry
31-08-07, 11:22
can you think of any others to add ?

JulieAs45
31-08-07, 13:18
When the doctors receptionist recognises your voice!

That happens to me :lac:

JulieAs45
31-08-07, 13:19
When you are already feeling sick and dizzy with anx about attending a friends wedding in 6 months time :lac:

Dying_Swan
31-08-07, 14:08
~ When you only feel dizzy and light headed when you think you are going to, and you feel fine the minute you leave the situation

~ When you keep tranqulisers/rescue remedy/beta blockers etc in your bag 'just in case'

This is a great thread! It's so true, especially the UHT milk!!

belle
31-08-07, 14:32
You get personal letters/Christmas cards from the take-away curry house!!!!

(I really do have a carton of UHT in my cupboards at all times....LOLOLOLOL)

Panic1971
31-08-07, 17:19
When you would love to be 'normal' again but the panic monster always rears its ugly head:lac:

JulieAs45
31-08-07, 17:25
When you make the same excuse about waiting in for an important delivery when a friends asks you to go out shopping. :lac:

mirry
31-08-07, 18:50
When people visit , you keep popping to the loo :blush: .

When you plan short cuts to the local shop.

when you have the right money in your hand to throw at the shop keeper.

:yesyes:

happyone
31-08-07, 19:58
When you carry a spare top to places you find stressful in case the first one becomes drenched in sweat! (TMI!!)
(I do this every day I go to work)

When you make excuses not to go to your little uns nursery outing and actually manage to almost convince yourself it is for any reason other than the fact you can't face being with all those mums and kids at once (I did this today:weep: )

Happyone
xx

Dying_Swan
31-08-07, 20:02
When you are A1 at making up excuses for avoiding any situation

blackie
31-08-07, 20:57
[quote=JulieAs45;252520]When the doctors receptionist recognises your voice!

All the people seem to know me at the doctors sergery..Although my mum use to work with one receptioest and the doctors consists of about 8 staff members, so maybe its not so bad
Blackie

prism
31-08-07, 21:21
When you see a long queue at the checkout and so go around the shop again

prism

KittyKate
31-08-07, 23:18
I have seen this on another forum and thought what a good idea, so here goes ........................

when you cant bear anyone to join the que you are in .

when you cut your own hair.

When you pack your handbag with paper bags and rescue rememdy.

When the Tesco driver knows your full name with out reading the paperwork.

When your Gp puts everything down to panic disorder.

When you stock up with long life milk.

when people ask "whens the best time to phone you?" , you reply "anytime" .

:blush:

LOL I can realte to all of them :hugs:

maggie
01-09-07, 11:48
I definitely do that one prism.
When you pinch the brown mushroom bags from the supermarket! just in case you have a panic attack driving home.

Maggie

AngieJ
02-09-07, 00:27
....when you see miles of traffic at a standstill ahead of you on the M1 and have to convince your hubby to get off at the next junction and find another route (happened to me yesterday).

....when you're stuck in a queue in the bank and get your phone out of your bag and pretend to get a call which needs a bit of privacy just so you can leave without looking stupid after having stood there for 20mins and there's only 1 person left in front of you but about 20 people behind!

KittyKate
02-09-07, 00:30
.... when you have a full trolly of shopping in asda but you have to ditch it and run like wind to the nearest exit.

You gotta laugh :D

pips
02-09-07, 10:52
Great thread so true!

The door bell goes and you hide away:sofa:

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X

mirry
02-09-07, 11:00
when go to the Pictures and choose the seat right next to the exit door .

belle
02-09-07, 19:18
when go to the Pictures and choose the seat right next to the exit door .

...even though i am blind as a bat and can't see beyond my nose, i do that....lol!!!!

AndrewG
02-09-07, 20:21
When you get a headache and start searching "Brain tumours" on the internet.

When you stay awake each night because you're to afraid to go to sleep because you think you'll have another panic attack.

Why is it I always get them when I fall asleep? And then wake up with a start heart pounding, toilet calling feeling sick then 1 hr of searching the internet for re-assurance.

Andrew.

Panic1971
02-09-07, 20:51
When someone mentions an illness - and then you panic that you might have the illness tooo

prism
02-09-07, 21:40
when you go for a walk you take your phone.
Just in case you need a taxi home.

traciec39
14-10-07, 03:16
Re: You know you have Panic disorder when ....

Your handbags like a mobile chemists.

Your always complaining of "How warm it is"

Dread any planned event...even months away.

Always worrying about a new symptom.....Thinking this is whats really wrong with me

Are absolutley convinced the doctors missed something!!!

Gryphoenix
14-10-07, 04:04
Lol I agree with the above!

You've had everything (quite possibly at the same time) including a heart attack and cardiac arrest, a stroke, every kind of cancer, various tumors and cysts, appendicitis, rabies, lime disease, AIDS, ebola, the black plague, scarlet fever, anthrax, whooping cough, smallpox, and not to mention any alien diseases you've seen on Star Trek.

(I was five or six and it scared me to death. Don't watch things like that when you're that young. Though I love Trek now. :D I still hate those episodes though.)

And what's really bad? I still shiver after I wrote this post and reading all those diseases.

mark74
14-10-07, 05:54
when you plan youre excuses in advance when visitin people so you can make a sharp exit if "one comes on"

kate
14-10-07, 09:00
When you have to allow yourself an extra hour to get ready when going out as it takes you that long to check the cooker is turned off, the hair straighteners are off and the door is locked :blush:

Also, having to return to your car to check, several times, that the handbrake is on :winks:

Kate

nycworrier
14-10-07, 11:07
When you convince yourself that the 1 in a million incidents that vey rarely happen WILL happen to just because of sods law....<sighs>

joelhall
14-10-07, 13:52
when everyone tells you you just need to pull yourself together...

when youre convinced that that pain in your finger is terminal...

when you can diagnose anything you have, despite not knowing the names of any medical school...

when you know that going to the shop just round the corner is so hard it should be part of the SAS selection...

when people ask 'alright?' and you actually have to tell them...

when everyone you talk to no matter what the problem begins their advice with 'okay relax the shoulders and BREATHE...'

when your therapist quits cos of stress and anxiety...

when noone else understands what youre going through...

when you can actually post on this threadd with something noone else has said yet:D :D :D

Lindalou64
14-10-07, 15:36
While Driving Have The Cell Phone And Water Right Next To You And If Your Almost There And Realize No Phone You Would Turn Around To Get It.....and Have All Sorts Of Things To Distract You In The Car Of Course Not Anything That You Cant See To Drive..................

woofytalk
14-10-07, 16:03
Every friend and family member becomes your full time therapist. :D

-Rachel

joelhall
15-10-07, 07:33
nhs direct is on the speed dial above the hospital, the doc, 999, and michellemumof4 ;)

shoegal
16-10-07, 01:26
You know you are agoraphobic when...

you open your front door and there is a giant cobweb across it... and it doesn't look like the spider spun it yesterday, lol!!! :blush:

This really happened to me! :D

Love shoegal xxx

traciec39
16-10-07, 03:03

If someone tells you about their sick friend or a uncle that passed away, you quiz them on the symptoms they had before they died.

Sad but true