PDA

View Full Version : Me and infections.

Clydesdale Epona
20-12-18, 05:25
So here I am as I've hit a new low.

Getting ready to board my coach for my long journey and I notice a bit of skin on my finger. It went far down and bled a fair bit no biggy it's since stopped but. Now I'm really worried as I Have no plasters and I'm seriously considering not going in case of getting an infection from leaving it to open air :/

MyNameIsTerry
20-12-18, 05:57
Your immune system is there to handle it. It will clot over quickly anyway therefore it is sealed.

It's more being trapped in the coach away from safe zones I suspect. So, maybe an exposure to a peak in anxiety but it will hopefully subside after some time.

Remember evolution beat the plaster. The body will deal it and start healing. And even if there is an infection it's likely a matter for a quick course of antibiotics.

Distraction techniques maybe useful on the coach (and leading up to it) to reduce your anxiety enough to find your way out of this. And try not to check on it.

Clydesdale Epona
20-12-18, 07:12
Thanks Terry x

Clearly just finding things to fixate on during my 14 hours. Moves on from That giving no cares to the fact that its kinda cold on here and my feet are still freezing. Now I'm on hypothermia lol

---------- Post added at 07:11 ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 ----------

I'd like to add on I know it's not likely to happen but on high alert and rambling here helps. Massaging my feet outside my shoes is working although I'm probably getting weird looks ��

---------- Post added at 07:12 ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 ----------

:D

BlueIris
20-12-18, 08:02
I once spent an entire 6-hour coach journey with something weird in my boot because I was too scared to find out what it was.

Turned out one of the cats had left me a dead mouse as a packed lunch - at least, I hope it was dead when they left it ;)

Hope your journey goes quickly and non-stressfully.

Clydesdale Epona
20-12-18, 09:00
Cats are so thoughtful Iris! :winks:

Thanks for that little tidbit haha the foot massage worked wonders and now the sun is up I'm actually enjoying Cornwalls views, as I leave it :roflmao:

I have off days but I'm getting by and I figured this would set it off as I was worried about it. It's very claustrophobic over the Christmas period haha x

BlueIris
20-12-18, 09:03
Oh, that sounds beautiful! Am I allowed to ask where you're heading for? I'm stuck in a poky little college library today.

Carys
20-12-18, 13:51
I once spent an entire 6-hour coach journey with something weird in my boot because I was too scared to find out what it was.

Turned out one of the cats had left me a dead mouse as a packed lunch - at least, I hope it was dead when they left it :wink:

Blueiris WHATTTTTTttttt?!?! :roflmao:If I feel even a teeny weeny granule of stone in my shoe, my shoe is coming off and I'm checking. I check my shoes every single time before putting them on, but only because I once, years ago, squished a resident woodlouse and spider with my bare foot in an unchecked shoe. You sat for 6 HOURS, 6 HOURS !!!! with a dead mouse in your shoe......:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

BlueIris
20-12-18, 13:57
Carys, if I couldn't see it I was able to imagine it was just my sock being crumpled up oddly.

My slippery, furry sock...

pulisa
20-12-18, 14:19
Hor-rodent!! What a grisly tail!

Carys
20-12-18, 15:02
Well, I would have been seriously rat-tled by that, like Pulisa. I like mice, but not squished ones. lol

Clydesdale Epona
20-12-18, 15:32
Heading up to south Yorkshire spending the Christmas time off college with my partner because I couldn't find one in Cornwall :roflmao:

While I do this trip alot I still don't give myself credit for continuing to do it because it's a long haul! I'm all okay by the way feeling calmer and almost pulling into Birmingham for my last coach :)

I like to imagine it was a uh *dead* gift before you put the shoe on :roflmao:

Thanks for the interesting folks its really helped to just talk x

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

Conversation should be in there somewhere haha!

MyNameIsTerry
21-12-18, 02:58
Stones I can put up with, you can shift them to the side of your foot so they stop bothering you but I've always been aggravated by those damn lumpy stitches you get in some socks. :mad:

Not sure I would want a mouse gel insole though! :biggrin: Maybe I'm being cheeky asking a lady but was it a cheesy boot? :sofa:

---------- Post added at 02:58 ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 ----------

Heading up to south Yorkshire spending the Christmas time off college with my partner because I couldn't find one in Cornwall :roflmao:

While I do this trip alot I still don't give myself credit for continuing to do it because it's a long haul! I'm all okay by the way feeling calmer and almost pulling into Birmingham for my last coach :)

I like to imagine it was a uh *dead* gift before you put the shoe on :roflmao:

Thanks for the interesting folks its really helped to just talk x

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

Conversation should be in there somewhere haha!

Yes, give yourself credit! It's pretty obvious that the issue is more being trapped and unable to rush for assistance (I can remember that whole "oh no, it's bank holiday and no GP is there!" stuff) coupled with anticipatory anxiety. Therefore not resisting/avoiding and exposing yourself will help, otherwise you will likely find your confidence goes (this has always happened to me).

Clydesdale Epona
23-12-18, 21:56
Just wanted to let you guys know I made it safely! However I did get my phone pick pocketed on the way.

I'm got my partners old phone and honestly have done well up until now where I've realised I've drank a lot today and that worries me for two reasons. One. Because I'm worried I've got something that makes me always thirsty and two that I've drank too much (although over dosing on drinks is hard isn't it?) IDK I think it is because of that it's Christmas eve fear but I don't know, got a belly ache and really worried but wouldn't say I've been drinking all day and loads of it :/