PDA

View Full Version : Stress levels are SO high right now!

nicole97
20-12-18, 15:35
As usual, more moles removed for me. Three removed. Two were ones I asked to be removed. One removed was one that derm was concerned about. That is the one freaking me out. It had been previously removed and came up as a compound mole with no atypia. Then it grew back. They weren't concerned because it was so very benign the first time. But now it's growing slightly outside the confines of the original scar and apparently that could be an issue? I'm so freaked out. it's right in the middle of a tattoo I have with my kids birthdays and it is devastating to me that I may have to damage that tattoo (it was in between words, so biopsy didn't harm it).

With Christmas coming so fast, me having soooo many work hours coming up this weekend, not having money for the holidays, having to get everything done and ready for guests for Monday, this is just adding to all of that and I'm feeling completely defeated and hopeless. :(

nicole97
21-12-18, 14:33
Anyone? ��

bin tenn
21-12-18, 14:41
Nothing to worry about, IMO. If it is atypical or something, it'll be extremely early, it sounds like. You're in good hands. Practice some mindfulness and deep breathing. You'll be fine.

nicole97
21-12-18, 16:39
Thank you Bin! That helps! :)

Double_Rainbow
21-12-18, 21:10
As usual, more moles removed for me. Three removed. Two were ones I asked to be removed. One removed was one that derm was concerned about. That is the one freaking me out. It had been previously removed and came up as a compound mole with no atypia. Then it grew back. They weren't concerned because it was so very benign the first time. But now it's growing slightly outside the confines of the original scar and apparently that could be an issue? I'm so freaked out. it's right in the middle of a tattoo I have with my kids birthdays and it is devastating to me that I may have to damage that tattoo (it was in between words, so biopsy didn't harm it).

With Christmas coming so fast, me having soooo many work hours coming up this weekend, not having money for the holidays, having to get everything done and ready for guests for Monday, this is just adding to all of that and I'm feeling completely defeated and hopeless. :(
I had 13 mole biospies in 4 months. Look up mole on biopsy scar. They look ugly and asymmetrical because the scar tissue has a different structure. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. In fact, if you change dermatologists you need to let the new ones know that you've had a biopsy there, because not knowing that may lead them to biopsy it again and you don't want that.

nicole97
22-12-18, 02:40
Oh I know they look ugly. And this derm knew it was biopsied before. She is in the same practice as my usual one. It’s a very efficient practice. They all know everything about you before they walk through the door. Kind of neat. She was just concerned because she said it looks like it’s extending slightly past the confines of the scar. I guess that isn’t supposed to happen.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

And 13 in 4 months? Wow! You must be moley like me! I’ve had one come up as early evolving melanoma and since then, I’m totally on edge with it all.

nicole97
26-12-18, 15:18
Really wish they would just call already (and also kind of afraid of what they'll say when they do).

nicole97
28-12-18, 23:03
Now I am really starting to worry more. The last time they took this long getting back to me, it actually was melanoma. I keep trying to tell myself it’s because of the holidays. I’m sure the lab is backed up with everyone trying to get in before the end of the year too, but I’m really not convincing myself of either of these.

bin tenn
28-12-18, 23:56
Well, no one knows for sure. But I think the holidays will almost certainly delay the results a little bit.