PDA

View Full Version : Huge bruising after blood gas test

Louna
20-12-18, 17:32
Hello all

On tuesday, i had a huge Asthma attack. My first asthma attack since i was a little kid! Whilst having said Asthma attack, i had a panic attack which did not help lol.
also have a heart condition (long qt syndrome) and honestly felt like i was going to die, so off to Hospital i went.

Put on a nebuliser, had regular blood tests done but they also decided to take blood from my artery in my wrist to do the gas test thing.

Didn’t hurt as much as they made out it would, and all of my results came back perfect so thats great.

I went on tuesday and its now thursday, my wrist is still very achy from having this blood gas test done. I also have quite a large bruise along my vein (photo shown)

I just wondered if this is normal for the aching / bruising ?
Having a really bad time with my anxiety after what happened, so i’m hoping i can just think logical over this
:(

Picture below of said bruise, just worried that because of it being an artery, there will be an issue with clotting etc!:(

Scass
20-12-18, 18:12
Yes that’s quite normal. Did you have a canula at all?

Sorry about the asthma attack but I’m glad you’re ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louna
20-12-18, 22:30
Yes that’s quite normal. Did you have a canula at all?

Sorry about the asthma attack but I’m glad you’re ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is a canula the thing for IV drips etc? If so yes but not at the site of this bruise

I had blood tests taken from my left inner arm at the elbow bend and thats where i had a tube thing incase they needed to give me additional medication / drip which they didn’t end up needing to. The blood gas test from my artery is on my right wrist

Thank you though❤️