PDA

View Full Version : Armpit pain and redness, scared?

Airisto
20-12-18, 19:49
So I’ve been dealing with breast cancer anxiety for a very long time now but I’ve never had any true symptoms.

Yesterday I had a sharp pain in my arm, today my left armpit was very sore for some reason, I lifted it up to see if there was anything and I found a tiny red patch on the skin that looked bumpy and two red lines below it. I haven’t shaved in a few days so I don’t know think it has to do with this problem? I am PMSing right now and last I checked I felt no lumps on or near my breast (I am 20 if my age helps at all..)

Should I be worried?? I was reading an article of a girl who had bad armpit pain before discovering her breast cancer so it’s kind of scaring me.

UPDATE: I just realized I started my period. But it still concerns me one armpit and swollen and the other is not..

UPDATE 2: last thing, I’ve noticed I’ve also had a lot of pain in the area where I have had this lump, I shaved wrong last year and grew a painful lump at the bottom of my armpit. That’s not where all of the pain is but it’s sore and I’ve never had pain there after it swelled down??

lily123
24-12-18, 04:14
I'm not an expert, but I think armpit pain related to breast cancer has more to do with the lymph nodes and internally. Since you're seeing a patch on your skin, I'd chalk it up to chafing or some other type of irritation. Take care!