PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had a watery liquid leak out of nose?

Havefaithx
21-12-18, 16:42
Hi guys,

I’ve been away for many year around 3 I think. I have done really well at controlling my HA and lived pretty much anxiety free. However I have a bad cold and have been having water literally drip out of my nose but then I remembered I did go to the dr about a year before as I kept have water drop out of my nose. I stupidly googled last night 😩👊🙈 it said that it can be cerebral spinal fluid, basically the fluid that surrounds your brain and spinal cord.

I went back to the drs this morning as it’s really freaked me out and set off my HA massively, this is why we shouldn’t google 😂 anyway she just said it it one nostril or two and I said I don’t really know as it happens intermittently, like once or twice a month. She said she will look at what the procedures are for referring me to ENT I asked her what the chances of this happening was and she said it’s unlikely.

Anyway has anyone else had episodes of this? I’m trying to think positively and think it could be something to do with my sinuses

Hope you’re all well xx

bin tenn
21-12-18, 17:10
All the time. No cause for concern. CSF leaks are very rare, and often include other symptoms. Stay away from Google. Haha.

Fishmanpa
21-12-18, 17:16
I don't know anyone that hasn't had that happen. I have allergies and get it a lot. I use an OTC anti-histamine spray and it works wonders.

Positive thoughts

Havefaithx
21-12-18, 17:19
Thanks hun.

I’m trying to think logically but sometimes it’s son😌 hard, so I’ve poured myself a glass of wine instead 😂

I’m a student nurse and I think sometimes the more you know the worse it is.

I know that spontaneous csf leaks are really rare tend to happen after head injuries or sinus surgeries but Jesus my mind won’t give up!

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

Wow Fishmanpa that’s a name I remember form when I used to use this site �� always had a great reply from u! Hope you’re well

Do you get water like consistency? My is so thin nothing like good old snot, sorry tmi ��

Fishmanpa
21-12-18, 17:49
Wow Fishmanpa that’s a name I remember form when I used to use this site �� always had a great reply from u! Hope you’re well

Do you get water like consistency? My is so thin nothing like good old snot, sorry tmi ��

Like dripping water....

Positive thoughts

Double_Rainbow
21-12-18, 18:31
it said that it can be cerebral spinal fluid, basically the fluid that surrounds your brain and spinal cord.

I've never heard about this before, but my anatomy knowledge tells me that this sounds like a medical emergency, meaning that you would clearly know that something is terribly wrong with you if this were the case. What would we do without google, people? Who would inform us about all those one in a gozillion people diseases that we might have???:shrug:

Havefaithx
21-12-18, 18:59
I know 😂😩🙈 I’m trying to think logically that it could b my sinuses. But sometimes I’m doing nothing I look down and my nose runs with water like fluid. I’m hoping it’s rhinitis something that can apparently cause this too x

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

[QUOTE=Havefaithx;1844955]I know 😂😩🙈 I’m trying to think logically that it could b my sinuses. But sometimes I’m doing nothing I look down and my nose runs with water like fluid. I’m hoping it’s rhinitis something that can apparently cause this too x

The worst thing about this illness is it can go undiagnosed for a while.
Your brain replenishes the missing fluid daily the only problem with leaking brain fluid is a massive risk of contracting meningitis.
T

AMomentofClarity
21-12-18, 19:01
I think that’s so common they came up with a name for it....”runny nose”

Havefaithx
21-12-18, 19:05
Apart from it isn’t your normal runny nose.

It’s nothing like mucus it’s water and I don’t have a blocked nose with it, it will randamoly just run out of my nose

bin tenn
21-12-18, 19:13
Apart from it isn’t your normal runny nose.

It’s nothing like mucus it’s water and I don’t have a blocked nose with it, it will randamoly just run out of my nose

Yep. The cold air often causes it for me, but sometimes it's seemingly for no reason.

AMomentofClarity
21-12-18, 19:16
From Dr. Google

Runny nose
Also called: rhinorrhea
Excess drainage, ranging from a clear fluid to thick mucus, from the nose and nasal passages.

Double_Rainbow
21-12-18, 19:36
OP, why would it leak only once in awhile? I thought it would be pretty much constant?
Anyway, you have an appt w the ENT, correct? Collect some of it beforehand and have it with you. They can test it if they think it's helpful. Even if, IF you have it, the first line of treatment is rest and self care. Meningitis might develop over time, it's not like it will develop asap. Just be careful before you see the ENT, stay away from sick people etc. This is just to cover all the bases, I really don't think that you have it.

Fishmanpa
21-12-18, 19:51
Collect some of it beforehand and have it with you. They can test it if they think it's helpful. Even if, IF you have it, the first line of treatment is rest and self care. Meningitis might develop over time, it's not like it will develop asap. Just be careful before you see the ENT, stay away from sick people etc. This is just to cover all the bases, I really don't think that you have it.

D Rainbow, respectfully, it appears you're projecting your own HA onto the poster. To advise collecting snot and staying away from sick people over something that frankly is up there with having conjoined twins is not rational nor advisable. You have a much better chance being hit by lightning!

Havefaith, you have a cold. Your nose runs with a cold and the fluid can be clear. Of course, add Dr. Google to the equation and here you are :shrug: That's really the end of the subject. "Told Ya So Gang" on standby :winks:

Positive thoughts

Double_Rainbow
21-12-18, 20:20
D Rainbow, respectfully, it appears you're projecting your own HA onto the poster. To advise collecting snot and staying away from sick people over something that frankly is up there with having conjoined twins is not rational nor advisable. You have a much better chance being hit by lightning!

Positive thoughts
Yeah, you got me. I have HA! :roflmao: Collecting snot maybe not, but staying away from sick people is always a good idea :whistles:

Havefaithx
21-12-18, 21:35
I’m already sick with sinusitis so staying away from sick people is going to help me �� this happens to me with or without a cold anyway. I have decided to focus on my kids and Christmas and wait until I hear from my dr. I’m assuming if she thought it was that likely I’d be in hospital by now, we’ll that is how I’m trying to rationalise my crazy thoughts in my head.
I am aware that the condition is extremely rare especially spontaneous csf (without head injury/sinus surgery) however one of the symptoms is clear watery fluid that leaks out of one nostril which I have, with or without a cold and have done for a few months. From what I’ve seen it can take months for a proper diagnoses if that’s what it is.
I need to focus on my kids and my hubby otherwise I will be back at square one again with my HA and I have been managing really well for many years now, with the help of CBT. Unfortunately this has caused me to have a blip but I’m hoping that’s all it is and I’ll get over it.

MyNameIsTerry
22-12-18, 01:56
Yep. The cold air often causes it for me, but sometimes it's seemingly for no reason.

Same here. I've also noticed it happens with exercise and I think it might be because of how I breath or rather how my anxiety has left me with a lot of muscular tension and how that can affect my breathing so that maybe I'm causing excess pressure.

bin tenn
22-12-18, 16:46
Same here. I've also noticed it happens with exercise and I think it might be because of how I breath or rather how my anxiety has left me with a lot of muscular tension and how that can affect my breathing so that maybe I'm causing excess pressure.

I think that's a possibility, the way one is breathing and/or tension! I also get the watery runny nose if I eat food or drink a beverage that is relatively hot. In that case, I'm guessing it's just the heat and the steam loosening everything in the nasal passages.