PDA

View Full Version : Pinched Nerve or Neuro Disorder

EaglesFan
21-12-18, 20:34
Hi All,
I've been reading everyone's postings for a long time but never have posted. I think this is a great site, and really appreciate that a site like this even exists. I've seen others have this struggle on here, and I guess I should find reassurance in their postings but I can't find someone who has this same symptom as me so I thought I was ask you guys.

Just a quick background, I've been suffering from severe panic attacks and anxiety for a while now. It got a lot worse about a year ago after I found my mother deceased and couldn't revive her. I've always had anxiety, but this increased it 10 fold. I'm sure my issue is probably anxiety related, but this fear is consuming me right now and I thought it would help to post.

I've been having upper back pain/lower neck pain for a few months, and I'm pretty sure it's sleep related (I spent a lot of time sleeping with my head propped up high). I've been testing out new pillows the past month and it seems to have gotten worse. At one time, I've felt pain going down my arm but I don't have that as much. Now I have twitching in that arm (my left), all in various spots of that arm. I'm having twitching in my biceps, triceps, elbow, thumb and pinky all only on the left side. The twitches are never sustained or last long, but they just pop up sporadically enough to scare me and wonder what the hell is going on. I just wanted to see if anyone knows if a pinched nerve could cause this? I keep worrying about ALS/MS/Parkinsons because the twitching seems localized to my left arm, but I thought it could also be related to my neck. I just wanted to see if anyone here ever had twitching localized to one limb and if it could be a pinched nerve? I tried to call a Neurologist but the wait was 3 months, and besides I'm not even sure I want to start getting tests as I've done numerous times in the past. It seems to just make my anxiety worse.

Also a special shout out to Fishmanpa, that was a great writeup on ALS. It did make me feel better about ALS, but still having of bunch of "what if" thoughts so I thought posting might help

Thank You!

jojo2316
21-12-18, 21:43
Hello! Since I’m currently lost in the ALS rabbit hole I’m not sure I can help, but thought I’d say Hi anyway. I have no idea about trapped nerves and twitches, but it makes sense.... also anxiety about twitching seems to cause twitching... good luck
X

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

I’m so so sorry about your mum. No wonder you suffer from anxiety. Go easy on yourself....

EaglesFan
21-12-18, 21:51
Hey Jojo,
Thanks for your response! I very much appreciate your kind words regarding my mom, thank you. I'm so sorry you're in this ALS spiral, I know how terrible these spirals are. I've been there many times with many other disorders. I'm sure you have too. I don't want to ask anything that might trigger it or make things worse, so just know I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you start to feel better soon! As we're both aware, anxiety can mimic many things and it's often hard to distinguish what the hell is going on.

Thanks again for your reply

jojo2316
21-12-18, 22:00
So true and wise words. Anxiety is indeed a master mimic and it can be very hard to work out what is going on. Sometimes though, it’s easier for outsiders to see the “woods from the trees” which is why I love this site. Don’t worry about triggering- vent away!

Anka
22-12-18, 18:45
Hi there.I have had twitches a lot in the past.I once had it in my tricep for 3 weeks!It was come and go very short spells but in the same arm for 3 weeks.Then it just went and never happened again.I was very anxious at the time so I just put it down to anxiety.
Try to keep your mind busy with other things.Any hobbies? It will go eventually.😁