PDA

View Full Version : Scared I have ALS

Carlosm313
22-12-18, 06:48
Hello guys I’m 25 male. I suffer from anxiety really bad and lately I been convincing myself that I have als. It’s al started one day out of the blue back in June I had to take a extra breath because I felt like I was going to suffocate. I thought I had lung cancer so I went to my doctor and he told me it was my anxiety so I told him if he could send me for a cat scan to rule it out after having so many xrays and ER visits I was told everything is good. Great right but no after that maybe last month I noticed a tremor in my hands so of course I consulted dr google and the first thing that came up was ALS. So then after I had tremors maybe a week later I started to twitch all over the body so that really sent me to a panic mode. So I been like this for a month and I also been drooling so much lately. I have a appointment with a nuro next week but I’m so scared any advice thanks guys .

BlueIris
22-12-18, 07:35
Read this thread that Fishmanpa helpfully posted for us:
https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071

You don't have ALS.

Carlosm313
22-12-18, 07:36
Yeah I read it but it’s so hard to not think “what if” but thank you so much for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojo2316
Oh good Iris - you posted it. I couldn’t work out how!!
Hi Carlosm...... hope you feel better soon...

Carlosm313
Thank you jojo (:

jojo2316
22-12-18, 07:37
Have you looked at TwistidTragedy’s thread? He doesn’t have ALS either!

Carlosm313
22-12-18, 07:37
Can I have the link?

TwiztidTragedy
22-12-18, 07:41
Ive been twitching for 3 months and am in the rabbit hole of fear of Als myself. It is the hardest fear you will ever fight. I have 24 7 twitching in both calves for 3 months and random widespread twitching all over. Its debilitating and has me in a panic. Its ripping my family apart and my sanity. All i can say is i pray that your ok and its nothing serious and that you dont do what i have done and google 24 7 and dont go to Als websites like i do and have it only fuels the fear. Prayers and postive thoughts to you and yours.

Carlosm313
22-12-18, 07:43
Thank you so much I’m 99.999% sure we are both okay but this dang anxiety is crazy like ughh haha.

jojo2316
22-12-18, 07:43
Ive been twitching for 3 months and am in the rabbit hole of fear of Als myself. It is the hardest fear you will ever fight. I have 24 7 twitching in both calves for 3 months and random widespread twitching all over. Its debilitating and has me in a panic. Its ripping my family apart and my sanity. All i can say is i pray that your ok and its nothing serious and that you dont do what i have done and google 24 7 and dont go to Als websites like i do and have it only fuels the fear. Prayers and postive thoughts to you and yours.

There you go!

Carlosm313
22-12-18, 07:44
Yeah just read it thanks guys for the reply’s love you guys so much.

jojo2316
22-12-18, 07:47
Thank you so much I’m 99.999% sure we are both okay but this dang anxiety is crazy like ughh haha.

Actually statistically it is probably even more than 99.999.......
But anxious brains don’t pay attention to statistics, they pay attention to freak horror stories found online! :doh:

Carlosm313
22-12-18, 07:51
Sometimes I wonder if my juuling (e cigarette) have something to do with what I’m feeling . I do smoke like 2 pods ( one pod have the same nicotine as a pack of smokes) so maybe I’m just over doing it with the nicotine. But we will find out on Thursday for sure.

Carlosm313
28-12-18, 03:14
Hey guys so saw my neurologist today and he did a emg and said it looks fine so am I clear from ALS or not? Thanks.

Fishmanpa
28-12-18, 10:07
Hey guys so saw my neurologist today and he did a emg and said it looks fine so am I clear from ALS or not? Thanks.

Seriously? You got the all clear from a medical professional and EMG (the definitive test for ALS) and you're asking us if you're all clear? :huh:

Positive thoughts