PDA

View Full Version : H pylori meds ? Right side abs or stomach pain

ScaredBBOY
22-12-18, 21:39
I’ve been diagnosed with H Pylori and have been on antibiotics for the last two days my stomach was not the issue when I first went to my doctor it was the constant burping and back pain now since taking these meds my stomach does not feel right and I have this pain under my rib on the right side
My cat came back clear but I’m not so sure everything is fine with me
Has anyone had this and took the meds before
Some one talk to me

Fishmanpa
22-12-18, 23:18
Strong antibiotics play havoc on your stomach. I had to take two horse pills for diverticulitis last year and I felt nauseous for a month!

All you can do is tough it out.

Positive thoughts

RadioGaGa
22-12-18, 23:20
ScaredBBOY

H. Pylori isn't anything to be unduly fearful of. So don't let it make you anxious!

Anyway, are you not on any sort of acid reducing tablet in combination with the antibiotics?

Antibiotics are very good at causing stomach related symptoms. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, pain etc are all common side effects. What antibiotic are you taking?

nomorepanic
23-12-18, 00:04
Which antibiotic? Most make me feel dreadful

ScaredBBOY
23-12-18, 06:22
They gave me metronidazole 500 and Tetracycline 500 my back aches and ribs aches have amplified since stating these meds plus my stomach doesn’t feel right it’s not pain but doesn’t feel right

WiseMonkey
23-12-18, 10:22
They gave me metronidazole 500 and Tetracycline 500 my back aches and ribs aches have amplified since stating these meds plus my stomach doesn’t feel right it’s not pain but doesn’t feel right

For cases of H-Pylori the standard treatment is a triple treatment, 2 antibiotics plus an acid suppressant eg. amoxicillin, clarithromycin and omeprazole (there are other antibiotic combinations too) for 10 - 14 days.

ScaredBBOY
23-12-18, 13:47
Yes I also take over the counter Prilosec 20mg ....
Sorry if this is TMI but you guys are so helpful I need some understanding...

This morning my stools came out very flat they did not float but they were very flat that is not normal for me because mine is normally very bulky the fear of this is ramping up in my mind now I think it’s a sign of colorectal C...

Can this be a sideeffect of the meds I google the meds and this was not on the side effects

Fishmanpa
23-12-18, 13:51
Did you read my reply? You have an infection that causes havoc with your digestive system and you're taking two strong meds in high doses to combat it. You have no choice but to power through it. It sucks but eventually things will get better.

positive thoughts

superworried
23-12-18, 14:39
I tested positive for the same thing a few weeks back.

You should be on two sets of antibiotics and an ant-acid. The antibiotics are clearing out the infection and will cause stomach upsets - my doctor told me that loose stools are a common side effect of taking them.

Keep taking the tablets and if you're still feeling bad after the course of drugs has finished, go back and ask to be retested and see if it's still in your stomach.

Stay away from spicy foods too :)

ScaredBBOY
23-12-18, 15:47
Thanks fishman Im going to stay consistent with the meds for now and stay the course and try to relax ...
the thing is my stomach was not the issue in the first place it was the constant burping back pain ...
but now since on the meds back pain has been more comsistant right in the middle of my back and wrap around to my ribs it’s stinging sometimes sharp sometimes and sometimes just dull my stomach jus feels funny no pain there thank god
I was scared of PC because of my mid and upper back pain which initially sent me to the doctor I was reassured by a clear CT scan two days ago and a clear ultrasound a little over a month ago but now I’m just like wtf ...
but I’m going to tough it out over the holidays because I don’t want my family to see me down it’s going to be hard but I will do it

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

Ultrasound did show stones in the gallbladder but dr didn’t think it was causing my back pain because it was jus right side pain it was equally to the left and the right alternating from left to right middle to upper

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

Wasn’t *

ScaredBBOY
24-12-18, 07:00
Update
Just had the worst stomach pains ever that lasted about 5 minutes felt like a painful cramp so scared right now .. I was bout to go to the ER but decided to tough it out and wait til see how I feel but now my stomach feel awful like it’s on the verge of cramping again ... I hope this is jus a side effect of these antibiotics anybody experiece this I will give my doc a ring but I know they are on holiday so prolly won’t even get a call back til Friday
Also I’m having panic attack every time I try to go to sleep

superworried
24-12-18, 11:30
Are you taking the meds as prescribed? Mine were to be taken with food and a full glass of water, whilst the ant acids were to be taken half an hour before food.

ScaredBBOY
24-12-18, 22:25
Yes with food and a glass of water antacid 30 minutes before food ....
are the meds suppose to make you feel sick
The only my second time taking antibiotics in my life the first time was for a tooth ache and it made me feel better right away these meds are making me feel sick

Fishmanpa
24-12-18, 23:07
are the meds suppose to make you feel sick

Did you read the previous replies?

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts