PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone found relief from dizziness/vertigo?

jenniferelizab
22-12-18, 23:51
I swear I get a new symptom every few months. This one has been since October, I feel like I am off-balance/on a boat with pangs of nausea. This has got to be the worst anxiety symptom I've had. It's extremely frustrating.

Has anyone found relief? Coping? Will this go away? Is there anything to do for it?

It is fine of course when I am laying down but I don't want to lay down for the rest of my life, I am a very active person.

nomorepanic
22-12-18, 23:58
It goes in time - breathing correctly will help

Double_Rainbow
23-12-18, 02:25
Yes, I get that quite a bit. I used to go to doctors trying to find out what's wrong with me, to no avail. Now I just try to ignore it as much as I can. It comes in waves, comes in for a few weeks and then goes for a few months. And then it's back again. Sometimes I get these attacks in random out of nowhere, dizziness, nausea and liteheadedness. Sometimes it lasts for days on end. You just never know. It does go away though. I hope this helps!

jenniferelizab
23-12-18, 04:23
@double_raindbow do you do anything for it? How long have you had it? I am just waiting for it to be a time where it goes away for a few weeks. This week has been really bad.

Midnight-mouse
23-12-18, 08:47
Usually for me it goes when something else happens in my life that takes my full attention and I’m not thinking about it. Then later I’ll be sat down and realise throughout all of what I was doing I didn’t get dizzy once. For me the symptoms are there when I expect them to be or I check to see if they are as soon as I wake/do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cattia
24-12-18, 12:39
I'm getting this too lately as well. I don't think it's vertigo I have as the room is not actually spinning but I feel off balance all the time like I might fall over. It is horrible and I'm trying to distract myself. I've been under a lot of stress and I always get more anxious at Christmas as well.

jenniferelizab
24-12-18, 17:55
Yes. Definitely have found that but I'll be semi-distracted and feeling good in a store/grocery shopping and then all of the sudden it hits me. I am calm about it and just hoping it goes away.

:(

Ah the joys of getting new/different symptoms every year or so just when you think you're fine.

Double_Rainbow
25-12-18, 01:59
@double_raindbow do you do anything for it? How long have you had it? I am just waiting for it to be a time where it goes away for a few weeks. This week has been really bad.

I personally didn't find anything to be effective. I just try to lay down if I can, or at least sit comfortably, relax and concentrate on breathing. And repeat to myself, stay calm, it's nothing. It will pass. And it does. It is a pain in the rear to be honest but as annoying as it is, it doesn't seem to be dangerous. I hope you feel better soon!

jray23
25-12-18, 07:44
The store making it worse is not a coincidence. Flourescent lights, moving crowds, etc overload the brain if it is already taxed with figuring out signals that aren't quite right. Especially if you're light sensitive (see #3 below).

From what I've learned, there are 3 or 4 common causes for persistent imbalance (but no spinning vertigo) like this (sometimes w nausea). It's likely one or even a combination:

1). Anxiety. (always the most likely culprit)
2). Inner ear issues
3). Vestibular migraine (often painless, this is what I allegedly have. Can be constant or come and go like a "traditional migraine")
4). PPPD/CSD/whatever they like to call "unidentified cause" of imbalance where you are.

All are frustrating, all are annoying, but all are harmless. The best thing to do is keep at your usual routine as much as possible and keep your attitude up. You can go to docs to try and find an answer but it's often a guessing game even for them. Does anything exacerbate it besides the store? Does anything help besides lying down? Like the other poster said, can you distract yourself from it?

H

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk