PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumor fear

Drew1994
22-12-18, 23:54
Back in October of 2017, I was in a car accident and went to the hospital. They did a CT scan of my head and said they found an arachnoid cyst and I was absolutely terrified it was cancer and they promised it wasn’t. I wasn’t having any other symptoms at the time. Recently I’ve been feeling dizzy and lightheaded and when I sit down, I get a pressure feeling in my temple that lasts a few seconds and then goes away but I still feel lightheaded. I’m terrified I have brain cancer and I really don’t want to die. Any kind of reassurance is helpful

nomorepanic
22-12-18, 23:58
I really don't think it is anything serious and can be an anxiety symptom.

If you are worried get it checked out.

Drew1994
23-12-18, 00:25
Well I mean I’m not having any of the other classic brain tumor signs such as numbness or blurry vision or even nausea and vomiting. Plus I read that brain tumor headaches tend to start in the morning but I don’t have them in the morning

Fishmanpa
23-12-18, 00:30
Well I mean I’m not having any of the other classic brain tumor signs such as numbness or blurry vision or even nausea and vomiting. Plus I read that brain tumor headaches tend to start in the morning but I don’t have them in the morning

So that means?....

Positive thoughts

NancyW
23-12-18, 01:58
Plus I read

Yeah. :doh:

RadioGaGa
23-12-18, 02:11
Drew1994

As a self-declared expert on brain tumours, I can categorically state you do NOT have one. Your "symptoms" are anxiety-related, and nothing else.

Good luck

trheiress0305
26-12-18, 01:52
Drew,

I went through a similar experience. I had a severe headache for about 2 weeks. They did an MRI and found a “spot” in my left frontal lobe. They said it was small, but MRI couldn’t definitively tell them what it was. CT didn’t show them anything more either. I had to wait over a month to go back for a follow up scan to see if it changed any. When I did, they determined it was just a capillary telangectasia. Literally just a harmless clump of blood vessels. I took both MRI’s and that CT at one of the top research/teaching hospitals in the world. I had a severe headache everyday during that month. I had nausea, light headed was, etc... I was 100% sure it was a tumor. Turned out to be nothing more than a congenital defect that will probably never hurt me in any way. Keep your head up, it’s highly unlikely there’s anything severe to worry about.