PDA

View Full Version : Hey

fejling
31-08-07, 14:36
Hey all

Just registered and guess I should introduce myself...

My name is Jeff, I'm 36 and live in Manchester. I've been suffering with anxiety and panic off and on for the last 4 years, I'm currently undergoing CBT and although I'm not "fixed" yet it is certainly helping! I'm anxious about my physical health, my mental health but mostly anxious about being anxious. I have read many various techniques for dealing with anxiety and panic and I understand what my body & mind are doing...apart from when I have a panic attack when all of this goes right out the window!

Hopefully I can get some help and support from this site in return for offering it myself (I don't feel anything I can offer will be of any help though, it doesn't work for me!!)

belle
31-08-07, 14:43
Hi and welcome :)

jodie
31-08-07, 14:53
:yesyes: welcome :yesyes:

jodie xxxxxx

nanny
31-08-07, 14:53
:welcome: jeff

Hope you find lots of support and friends on here like i have.
The people are brilliant:yesyes:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

KrazyKaz07
31-08-07, 14:56
Hello Fejling,

:welcome: I'm new too.

I totally understand what you are saying when you say your are anxious about your physical and mental health also anxious about being anxious. I am like that aswell. I too have been reading up on panic attacks and realise why my body is doing it, which has come as some comfort. But like you say it can tend to leave your mind when you are going through one.

I am so glad I have found this forum as it is certainly helping me as everyone is so welcoming and supportive here :yesyes: I am certain you will find this too.

luc
31-08-07, 15:05
Hi I to am new to this site or any site as it goes. I have health anxiety focused around cancer. It has taken over my life which is hard as a mother of 2 small children. Would love to talk to others.

Nibbles
31-08-07, 16:54
Hi Jeff,

It's always nice to :welcome: a fellow Manc. :D You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

honeybee3939
31-08-07, 18:04
Hi Jeff

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Lindalou64
31-08-07, 20:29
hello jeff and welcome to the site......linda

manmoor
31-08-07, 21:30
Hi Jeff,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

trac67
31-08-07, 21:32
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Southern_Belle
01-09-07, 17:25
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to NMP. You will find many here who feel exactly how you do and will get tons of support.

Hugs,

Laura

nomorepanic
01-09-07, 19:13
Hi Jeff

A warm :welcome: aboard to you and hope we can be of some help.

groovygranny
02-09-07, 20:16
Hello Jeff :welcome:to you!

You'll find plenty of help, support and new friends here!

Pleased to meet you!

:)

SharonDerby
02-09-07, 23:27
Hi Jeff, welcome.
I'm sure whatever advice you can give will be much appriciated here, we are all here to help eachother so we will all look forward to hearing from you soon.
Take care i'm always around if you feel like chatting just shout.
Sharon :)

Pink Princess
03-09-07, 13:24
http://www.pimped-out.info/imgs/greets/wassup_mickey6.gif

welcome to the site xxx

love minnie xxxxxxxxxxx

CarpeDiem
03-09-07, 19:19
:) Hi Jeff :)

Welcome to the site - I know what you mean about having it all set in your head in theory only to find that all your knowledge evapourates at the time when you need it most. I'm having erratic 'hit+miss' success with it all at the moment, I'm told the key is to just keeping at it & I think its true, cos there were certainly times when it was all misses & look at me now! Good luck with it, hope you find some useful info here.
Take care, CarpeDiem
xxxxxx