PDA

View Full Version : Pretty certain it’s colon cancer

darkside4k
23-12-18, 19:01
Last week I had this period of pretty intense lower left abdomen pain. I actually had to lay down for a minute and it was kind of throbbing pain. Lasted probably 5 minutes.

Since then I’ve had milder left / lower left abdomen pain most every day.

I’m fairly certain I have invasive colon cancer. I had a colonoscopy about 4.5 years ago and had one 4mm hyperplastic polyp (they don’t turn cancerous).

Going to call my gastro doctor as soon as I can. Hopefully they are open tomorrow.

Fishmanpa
23-12-18, 19:20
Merry Christmas DarkSide!

Positive thoughts

Havefaithx
23-12-18, 19:24
I have ibs and have the most intense lower stomach pains, sometimes they take my breathe away. If you were to have colon cancer don’t you think you’d have other symptoms?? It wouldn’t come on so quickly without any other symptoms hun. X

nomorepanic
23-12-18, 19:27
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

pulisa
23-12-18, 20:54
Yes, Merry Christmas, Darkside!

Carys
23-12-18, 21:22
Tis the season to be jolly, fah lah lah lah lah, lah lah lah......nothing like spending Christmas Eve having an elective colonsocopy. :roflmao:Most people are busily shoving food in the alimentary canal from the top end, you could be having laxatives (by choice) to clear your colon out. I really hope that your gastrodoctor does NOT give you some invasive set of tests based on a few days of, what is probably, trapped wind. You do understand don't you - that most people have pains here and there from time to time, and they are nowt and go on their own.

You know what Darkside, and this is not meant as an inflammatory statement, but you just aren't learning from your past 'mistakes' are you ?- or rather shall I call them errors of castrophically bad judgement. I could trail back through your posts from the last few years and fine stacks of serious illnesses (I think once on a thread I listed them all out for you), which ultimately weren't anything. One thread merits mentioning specially though, in April 2017 you 'definitely had a brain tumour'. Now you are 'pretty certain is is colon cancer'. See the pattern? Were you right?

How in the name of all that is sensible can a few days of something vaguely painful in your gut be colon cancer?!

Anyhow, I'm sure it was you that said that you had been pretty good and developed a new attitude to health and life recently? Am I right?

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Goodness, I thought I'd make a list for you of your past 'illnesses' over the last few years but I have given up in September of this year (so not long ago). Since ONLY September there has been scared about moles, mad cow disease, neck pain, lymph nodes, 'something serious' headaches, 'concerning' upper back pain (wanting an MRI) and now Colon cancer.

KK77
23-12-18, 21:33
What are you doing for your wife and kids this Christmas, Darkside?

darkside4k
23-12-18, 21:41
We are actually going to DisneyWorld! Haha

KK77
23-12-18, 21:44

Do send Mickey my sincere regards :shades:

pulisa
23-12-18, 21:46

Why not put your hypochondria on the backburner and have a great time!
Good for you for planning something special!

And you could always opt for a Fantasia-themed colonic irrigation if you're desperate for medical attention...

jojo2316
23-12-18, 21:49
Christmas at DisneyWorld! Wow! I don’t know whether to be impressed or terrified!!!

darkside4k
23-12-18, 22:06
I’ve just honestly never had the lower side / abdomen pain last this long. It’s been a week now of it happening at some point during every day.

I do not have any other explanation for that other than colon cancer.

pulisa
23-12-18, 22:07
You never do though. It's cancer or nothing.

Anyway, another day, another terminal cancer...

Have a good time at Disney World and no doubt you will tell us all about it when you get back..(the holiday, not the symptoms, that is!)

jojo2316
23-12-18, 22:32
Have you been to Disney World before?

Carys
24-12-18, 07:11
I’ve just honestly never had the lower side / abdomen pain last this long. It’s been a week now of it happening at some point during every day.

I do not have any other explanation for that other than colon cancer.

There we go Darkside, the usual pattern...totally ignoring previous posts made to you, not engaging with themes that are being raised about your HA. You are NOT learning from your own personal history. Look back at the thread from the last couple of years, and think back to AZ days when you did years of posts there too - have ANY of these symptoms been real illness. A week of stomach pain cancer? COMEeee onnnnnnnn, I'm not even going to explain to you why this just can't and won't be the case as that will be ignored again.

This is why people eventually get frustrated, and terse replies appear on threads. (I think it was Jojo who commented/asked about this on another thread?!) After years of selfless replying to some serial posters, trying to distract them and lead them into healthier thought processes, and being systematically ignored and have nothing given back, it is human nature to 'lose it'. Seeing your words make no difference, having your throughtfulness essentially thrown back at you - it is human nature to eventually respond. You'd have to be a complete saint to not eventually snap. I've felt it myself, actually done it myself, got very angry with the 'takers' who give nothing back. Anyway, back to Darkside.....

I will ask that you do people the courtesy of treating them with respect, reread their posts and actually, you know what, even reply to those who have been kind enought o give their time. This is Christmas Eve....people have given to you for years, with nothing back to them AT ALL. Now there are new people trying the same old techniques and gentle measures that earlier people tried, the circle continues. 2019 is a new year, could be a new start, you've been given so much advice over the years.....now.....YOU tell yourself why this CAN NOT BE COLON CANCER.

WiseMonkey
24-12-18, 08:14
Last week I had this period of pretty intense lower left abdomen pain. I actually had to lay down for a minute and it was kind of throbbing pain. Lasted probably 5 minutes.

Since then I’ve had milder left / lower left abdomen pain most every day.

I’m fairly certain I have invasive colon cancer. I had a colonoscopy about 4.5 years ago

Colon cancer is slow growing, so even at 5 years there would only be a polyp (which is highly unlikely), not invasive cancer after having a clear colonoscopy 4.5 years ago!

Your symptoms are not those of colon/bowel cancer, which is bleeding, so you don't have that I'm afraid :blush:

pulisa
24-12-18, 08:29
There we go Darkside, the usual pattern...totally ignoring previous posts made to you, not engaging with themes that are being raised about your HA. You are NOT learning from your own personal history. Look back at the thread from the last couple of years, and think back to AZ days when you did years of posts there too - have ANY of these symptoms been real illness. A week of stomach pain cancer? COMEeee onnnnnnnn, I'm not even going to explain to you why this just can't and won't be the case as that will be ignored again.

This is why people eventually get frustrated, and terse replies appear on threads. (I think it was Jojo who commented/asked about this on another thread?!) After years of selfless replying to some serial posters, trying to distract them and lead them into healthier thought processes, and being systematically ignored and have nothing given back, it is human nature to 'lose it'. Seeing your words make no difference, having your throughtfulness essentially thrown back at you - it is human nature to eventually respond. You'd have to be a complete saint to not eventually snap. I've felt it myself, actually done it myself, got very angry with the 'takers' who give nothing back. Anyway, back to Darkside.....

I will ask that you do people the courtesy of treating them with respect, reread their posts and actually, you know what, even reply to those who have been kind enought o give their time. This is Christmas Eve....people have given to you for years, with nothing back to them AT ALL. Now there are new people trying the same old techniques and gentle measures that earlier people tried, the circle continues. 2019 is a new year, could be a new start, you've been given so much advice over the years.....now.....YOU tell yourself why this CAN NOT BE COLON CANCER.

Very well put, Carys. Of course it won't happen but it needs to be said.

MyNameIsTerry
24-12-18, 12:03
Christmas at DisneyWorld! Wow! I don’t know whether to be impressed or terrified!!!

Darkside, this is a great thing to be doing for your family. I hope you can put your fears out of your mind for this time and enjoy watching your loved ones having a good time.

P.S. if one of the Mickeys says he can give you an amateur colonic, step away! :winks:

darkside4k
27-12-18, 17:37
Well, I'm even more worried.

For the past week I have been taking Metamucil tablets 4 times a day (5 tablets, 4 times a day as indicated on the box). Still am not getting big, thick stools. They are hard to pass, kinda mushy and thin. I also don't feel like I'm producing as much poop as I should be, although I am going some every day. I am drinking tons of water, ate a whole can of beans yesterday plus multiple high-fiber bars. Still hard to pass, thin stools today.

I read on this very site that if Metamucil does not return the stools to their normal shape that indicates something more serious is going on. This coupled with the severe pain I had about 10 days ago in my lower abdomen leads me to believe I have colon cancer. I do not see any other alternative at this point.

Why is the fiber not giving me healthier looking stools. I have been taking it for over a week now.

jojo2316
27-12-18, 20:50
How was Disney World?

Pkstracy
30-12-18, 18:54
ask your these questions
1. Does it run in our family such as does mom, dad, brother, sister have rectal, bowel, colon cancer?

2. Do I smoke?
3. Do I eat a lot of red meat, at least four times a week?
4. Am I overweight or obese, do I have a big waistline smaller hips?
5. Do I get enough exercise?
6. Do I drink alcohol?
7. Am I fifty years of age or older?
8. Am I African American or Jewish?
9. Have I had an exam for these cancers?
10. Did the doctor tell me I have polyps?
11. Do I eat a lot of processed meat?
12 Meat cooked at high temperatures, such as fried, broiled and grilled?
13.Do I have Chron's or IBD?
14. Do I smoke?
If you answered no to a lot of them, and answered yes to the working out and being under fifty you do not have cancer, this series of questions came from the American Cancer Society.
With all that fiber you are taking are you drinking enough water? IF not no wonder your pooh is that way, also stress and anxiety can mess up our bowels. Also fiber causes your pooh to be somewhat mushy and odd shapped and a bit thin, metamucil is nothing but psyllium husks, that form a gel like substance in your bowels. Hard to pass? Are you sure you aren't trying to push the pooh out making youself go so you can check?

WiseMonkey
30-12-18, 19:32
Well, I'm even more worried.

For the past week I have been taking Metamucil tablets 4 times a day (5 tablets, 4 times a day as indicated on the box). Still am not getting big, thick stools. They are hard to pass, kinda mushy and thin. I also don't feel like I'm producing as much poop as I should be, although I am going some every day. I am drinking tons of water, ate a whole can of beans yesterday plus multiple high-fiber bars. Still hard to pass, thin stools today.

I read on this very site that if Metamucil does not return the stools to their normal shape that indicates something more serious is going on. This coupled with the severe pain I had about 10 days ago in my lower abdomen leads me to believe I have colon cancer. I do not see any other alternative at this point.

Why is the fiber not giving me healthier looking stools. I have been taking it for over a week now.

Metamucil (in any form) is more trouble than it's worth, my Dr doesn't recommend it's use. That's because it's soluble fibre and has psyllium in it which can play havoc on the guts, I for one can't take it. In fact most people with IBS can't stomach it.

Insoluble fibre is much better eg bran or a product called Normacol, you want to get the green packet which is just fibre not fibre with laxative. Plus drink lots of water, preferrrable warm. https://www.google.com/search?q=normacol+pictures&rlz=1C1CHZL_enNZ814NZ814&biw=1366&bih=657&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=jnV3R5Lb58GNKM%253A%252CY-NiFWUolD_x4M%252C_&usg=AI4_-kScGfDS21MCUpUga5-zb5OZcn-fcA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj-5_vdpMjfAhVIErwKHbpuCTkQ9QEwBXoECAQQDg#imgrc=15Dxa 3zEGtFB7M:

pulisa
30-12-18, 19:42
Too much fibre can block things up. It's as bad as too little fibre. Oat-based cereal/porridge can be a better option than bran in some cases.

WiseMonkey
30-12-18, 20:31
Too much fibre can block things up. It's as bad as too little fibre. Oat-based cereal/porridge can be a better option than bran in some cases.

If you eat bran, you've got to drink lots of water and some people struggle with this. It is a good, natural way to remedy chronic constipation.

Oat porridge is great, we have it most days. It's best to get your fibre from food where possible :)