PDA

View Full Version : Ruined my Christmas with fear over a rare gentic disease

Jotia
24-12-18, 22:08
Agh I’m so fed up of this . I was looking in the mirror and noticed the corners of my eyes have blue patches in the white. So I did the stupid thing and googled.

It came up with EDS which I have previously heard of from googling about my double joints. So I was reading the symptoms and of course my anxiety has to latch on to the vascular type which causes sudden death in people.

Now I can’t stop searching my body for veins, I can see some veins on my chest which is a symptom. The veins on my feet are bulging too and I have some spider veins already. Also the blue in my eyes is a marker for it. I don’t bruise easily but it said online symptoms can be subtle meaning it goes undiagnosed. I also have very stretchy skin, on my hands and feet especially and I didn’t realise is wasn’t suppose to be this stretchy even at 19.

I have been obsessively looking at photos of my self for the facial features. My nose looks thin as a kid and even still now which scares me. I also had thin lips. I have convinced my self I also have a small looking chin and big eyes.

I did however look at my mums eyes and she has the same blue patches in the corners which relaxed me a bit but I’m still freaked out. I’m currently in bed crying because I probably only have a few years to live. No chance of enjoying Christmas now.

Fishmanpa
24-12-18, 22:10
:weep:

Sorry to hear this. Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Double_Rainbow
25-12-18, 01:56
It is very rare. Even if you do have it, most people with it have near normal life expectancy. Try not to stress and if you can, avoid googling. Merry Christmas!

NancyW
25-12-18, 03:22
So I did the stupid thing and googled.

I probably only have a few years to live. No chance of enjoying Christmas now.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

No advice for you, you've already self inflicted the damage, but hopefully your words will deter someone else.