PDA

View Full Version : I'm new - thank god i found this place!

Blondie
12-01-05, 23:51
Hi everyone!
This is my first post so i'll try not to mess it up.

My name is Sarah and I'm 21. I had my first panic attack when I was 16 after a bad reaction to an ecstacy tablet - during which i checked myself into hospital!

Didnt get another one til I was living in Spain a year later.

After I moved back into the area I got one whilst looking after the pub I worked in with my boyfriend. I was upstairs alone and didnt know what was going on! Since then it became uncontrolable to the point I couldnt even leave my house (I live with my mum still - because of this).

I went to a hypnotherapist and thought I was more or less cured for a while - new job, new friends, no boyfriend. Then a couple of weeks ago at work it happened again and has spiralled out of control again!

I'm desperately trying to force myself out of the house but feel horrible if my mum's not with me. It's really depressing to be so dependent on her after I have been so independent in the past.
My boyfriend of 6 months has been really good about it, but I'm scared I'll lose him as I can't go out with him and don't want to make him stay in with me. He's young too after all, but it means I rarely get to see him as he works and wants a life.

Life just seems so hard at the moment. I feel like I'm missing out on my best years! So glad to discover there are other people who are suffering too.
Its good to meet all of you guys - you seem to really understand how hard this can be. xxx

paul
13-01-05, 01:07
hello welcome,this is a really friendly site with loads of great advice ,hope you find the help that you need .

take care

Meg
13-01-05, 09:55
Hi Blondie,

It is indeed difficult and small steps is definately the best way to progress.

It would be useful to try to figure out why panic comes so intermittantly . Period related, sleep or food related or is is related to the situation you're in and whats on your mind.

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Let us know how you get on

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Karen
13-01-05, 10:56
Hi Blondie

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having problems with panic again but you have overcome this once and with support I am sure you will be able to do so again.

You will get some good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tana
13-01-05, 13:56
hi blondie
i have only recently found this site,and it is brill! every one are very supportive,i like all of us need to know that we are not alone.take care tana x

jharris

jill
13-01-05, 17:52
Hi Blondie

Welcome to the site.

I know how life is hard for you at the moment but
what you have to understand is that you CAN learn
how to feel better.
You have come to the right place, there are lots of
nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

JILLXX

In order to succeed,
we must first believe that we can.

nomorepanic
13-01-05, 19:01
Hi Blondie

Welcome aboard!

Sorry to hear that you are having a bad time at the moment but I am sure we can start getting you back on track again.

Take some time to read over the website to pick up some tips and also other posts on this forum.

I know at the moment it is very daunting but I am sure we can help you.

Do you know what triggers the attacks off?

Nicola

vernon
13-01-05, 21:35
hi and welcome to the site. hope u find the help u r looking for. take care Vernon

FAN
15-01-05, 17:06
hi and welcome im sure you will find the site very informative and helpful

fan x

Blondie
15-01-05, 18:13
Hello and thanks for all your kind words.

I feel so welcome! I actually made it through an entire show today without freaking out and having to leave!

I'm pretty sure its the extra confidence you guys have given me that has helped.

Anyway thanks again and I'll see you on another topic as soon as I figure out which one I should be on!

Take care. xxx

Meg
15-01-05, 18:55
Thats great . Well done Blondie .

Keep it going ..

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Karen
15-01-05, 19:57
Well done Blondie.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
15-01-05, 20:11
Hi Blondie,

Thats very good news:D
A big WELL DONE.

As time goes on you can learn how to feel better.
We are all here for you.

TAKE CARE

JILLXX

"Believe in yourself. You gain strength courage
and confidence by every experience in which you
stop to look fear in the face.
You must do that which you think you cannot do"

nomorepanic
16-01-05, 14:11
Blondie

It does help to talk doesn't it?

No-one is patronising on here either so you know you will get straight answers and support whenever you need it.

Keep it up ok.

Nicola