PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Stresses

flappergirl
25-12-18, 07:40
I am having a major spiral with HA and I am sure that stressing about Christmas is making it worse. I do have some physical symptoms which I think are being exacerbated by tensions in my muscles. I am worrying almost non stop and I am ratty and exhausted. I put off going to the GP just before Xmas as I am (irrationally) scared of getting bad news. I went to see a nurse about 2 weeks ago.

I have convinced myself that I must have big C somewhere and am freaking about all the kinds of types it could be depending on my symptoms. I don’t have any red flags from what I can see but still I feel that something is terribly wrong. I am sure it is the anxiety making me think this way.

Just wanted to share! Happy Christmas everyone!

ServerError
25-12-18, 12:59
If you were to take a quiet moment to think objectively about the things you worry about at Christmas, would they seem so bad? Are they truly worth the stress?

And if you were genuinely worried you had cancer, as opposed to scared of the general possibility you might, you'd put your fear of getting bad news aside and go to the doctor.

flappergirl
25-12-18, 16:41
Thanks for your reply. This anxiety makes me feel like I have 2 brains. One is rational and the other has HA (a bit like Steve Martin and Lily Tomlin lol). Most of me doesn’t believe I have cancer but the HA bit will take over and then the other side can’t see sense any more :( I have done CBT before but I don’t feel I can deal with this HA effectively some days. I am going to go to the doctor with my
concerns after the holidays.

Weirdly my anxiety doesn’t make me stress what I am going through at the time, but about crazy HA things. I don’t know, maybe it is a way of avoiding the real issue. This Xmas is emotional as my SIL died last year (from cancer) and Christmas Day is the anniversary. Lots of stuff going on there :’(

I will try to ignore my HA and then hopefully my symptoms will calm down a bit

Happy Christmas :)