PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

Alde
25-12-18, 20:28
Hi all,

Have been browsing and posting bits in this forum for a couple of weeks so thought I’d introduce myself!

I am a long time sufferer of anxiety issues. When I was in my teens it was mainly panic attacks but as I have gotten older it’s been more constant anxiety. It has been largely controlled by medication but about 5 weeks ago I had a relapse.

It started with palpiations, then started to include chest pains. These had never been symptoms of mine before so I was very scared. Over the course of 2 weeks I must’ve visited a&e 5-6 times. Each time having an ecg and a couple of blood tests and being told I was fine and to go home.

About another week later, it continued to get worse and my heart was constantly racing so I went back to hospital. I was admitted to the cardiology ward with ‘anxiety related tachycardia’. I was monitored for 2 days in hospital, as well as having an echo, and apart from ectopic beats and a fast but regular heart rate, my heart was found to be fine.

I saw the cardiologist in the morning of my second day. He noticed that my heart rate increased about 30bpm when I stood up and said it could be POTS, prescribed me beta blockers and discharged me. My GP was unsure about the diagnosis and thinks it is just anxiety. So I am back to square one really, although the beta blockers have really slowed my heart rate!:roflmao:

Today I have added another symptom to my list - my right calf/ankle is numb and swollen. So of course this is adding to my worries and my anxiety continues!

Hopefully, with the help of this website/forum, I’ll be on the path to recovery soon!

Merry Christmas all!

Al

venusbluejeans
25-12-18, 20:34
Hiya Alde and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Alde
25-12-18, 21:04
Hiya Alde and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Thank you Venus :)