PDA

View Full Version : A long hard road: thoracic pain and breathlessness

Khafre
25-12-18, 23:13
I've been at this for so very long. The newest bout comes just 5 months after a totally clear EKG stress test (except for a fast heart rate, probably due to my nervousness).

For a few weeks I've been having quite a bit of mid back stiffness and pain. In addition, I've had lots of dull pain/pressure on my left shoulder blade, mid-back, and on my right side ribs/chest/back. All was well because I'm so used to this, but then about a week ago I went for a walk and felt totally out of breath. My heart was pounding like mad. I snuck off to a bathroom to chill out. I managed to get through lunch conversation and walk back to the garage. Drive home, etc.

Seemed like a run of the mill panic attack. Then just this morning, now over a week after that, I woke up totally out of breath. I've been battling this breathlessness all day long. I figure that it can't be that bad given that I'm still here. Haven't had any sharp chest pains, just tightness. No tingling arms or whatnot. But the breathlessness was so bad I puffed my inhaler. To my great surprise, I started to feel a bit better 20 minutes after that.

Question is: does cardiac crap actually even respond to inhaler use for asthma? Or, is it possible that I'm having asthma symptoms without coughing or wheezing? Please help!

Thanks!!