PDA

View Full Version : Fever two days after starting antibiotics?

UserName20
26-12-18, 00:52
I had a sore throat that started last Sunday/Monday. After about 3 days that had pretty much went away and I was left with. Clogged ears, a stuffy/runny nose, so at true point I had been able to believe that it was just a cold. However, on Sunday I began to develop a cough that was dry. I was wheezing when I had tried to breath in, and I had begun worrying that it had turned into bronchitis. My sister and brother also had caught the cold, I知 assuming that it was from me. I ended up getting food caught in my throat Sunday night and I went to the ER where they. Told me that I had a. Fever. The doctor listened to me and diagnosed me with bronchitis and started me on antibiotics. It is now Tuesday and I just took my 3rd dose, I only have 2 days left of left of it. My cough does seem better, however my throat is still a bit raw/sore again and I have had the chills all day today still. Our thermometer broke and my parents keep telling me that my head isn稚 warm but I知 panicking. I知 worried that the doctor was wrong and that this is cancer or something or that my body is somehow immune. To the antibiotics and that I値l never get better. I think I知 going to make another checkup appointment with my regular doctor tomorrow. This has completely ruined my Christmas, I知 so terrified. Has anyone else had a fever still after taking antibiotics?

bin tenn
26-12-18, 03:16
You should absolutely trust a trained and educated medical professional over anxiety any day, and you currently are not trusting them. IMO, you absolutely do *not* need to see your doc for another checkup. These types of infections / respiratory illnesses take time to improve, even when you take antibiotics. The antibiotic is not a magical, instant fix. Wait at least one week - maybe two weeks - before you make an appointment, and that's IF things have not gotten any better, or if things are worse. Even then, that doesn't mean anything is seriously wrong. It most likely means that your body and/or the antibiotic is not yet enough to eradicate whatever infection.