PDA

View Full Version : Something weird is happening to me

Imhorrible72
27-12-18, 04:35
I started having thoughts of if it was better to be a animal woth no thought thoughts or feeling than to be a human today and it's like my brain took a huge punch. Everything feels meaningless and arbitrary. It's like suddenly higher thoughts mean nothing to me. Concepts are illusions that our minds made up. Why do we want to exist or have fun? What is fun, why can't we have fun like animals chasing a ball or something. What is math? What is morality? What is music? Music is just random sounds, why do we get meaning out of it? What is meaning? What are thoughts? Why does our thoughts see meaning in things? What is dating? Or MARRIAGE? What is anything?

Everything about existence seems completely arbitrary and meaningless now. Nothing means anything. Our minds are trying to input meaning into things but it doesn't mean anything. Nothing matters. Is this dp doing this to me? I'm so scared this is the worst thoughts I have had yet. I feel so disillusioned with everything. Nothing about existence makes sense anymore. What should I do? I'm so freaked out.

NancyW
27-12-18, 17:46
disillusioned with everything. Nothing about existence makes sense anymore. What should I do? I'm so freaked out.

Seek out an animal rescue, volunteer at a nursing home, put yourself out there to help those in need. I can't stress this enough! Get out and do something for someone else ...

It will get you out of your own head
It will make you feel useful
It will make you feel grateful

jray23
27-12-18, 19:49
You say that you are feeling like nothing has meaning, yet you are labeling these thoughts as the worst thoughts you've had. So clearly you are still finding meaning in thoughts, even though ironically, thoughts are what should have zero or very little meaning.

They are just thoughts. Let them be, and don't react to them. Don't try to block them out either. Just let them pass, like a tree branch floating by in a river.

Then engage in the present moment. Perhaps by doing what NancyW suggests. Or doing whatever - but be fully participating in whatever it is that you end up doing.

"Whenever you are immersed in compulsive thinking, you are avoiding what is. You don't want to be where you are. Here, now." - Eckhart Tolle