PDA

View Full Version : Vision problems

Alde
27-12-18, 18:29
Hi all,

I’ve been having blurry/tunnelled vision recently. Not sure how to describe it but my eyesight is just weird. More like light headedness than dizziness. It’s constant and I can’t find a trigger.

Has anyone had this with long term stress/anxiety or know what causes it?

Cheers,

Al

Graceski
27-12-18, 19:03
It's caused by adrenaline. When you're having a panic attack your body releases adrenaline because it thinks there is a threat, so your body goes into survival mode. One of the sensations we experience as a result is actually tunnel vision, dimmed vision or blurred vision. It's because it wants you to focus on the danger.

A funny thing really. It's to "protect" you so you are able to cope with actual danger, but with anxiety disorder there is no danger!

Alde
27-12-18, 19:26
It's caused by adrenaline. When you're having a panic attack your body releases adrenaline because it thinks there is a threat, so your body goes into survival mode. One of the sensations we experience as a result is actually tunnel vision, dimmed vision or blurred vision. It's because it wants you to focus on the danger.

A funny thing really. It's to "protect" you so you are able to cope with actual danger, but with anxiety disorder there is no danger!

Brilliantly explained, thanks! I suppose constant anxiety causes constant adrenaline which is why the blurred vision is constant?

Cheers,

Al

Mindsight
27-12-18, 19:36
Im having burning eyes i got a bit of infection going on in my body so off to see the doctor tomorrow how ever youre symptoms are normal with stress and anxiety youll be fine

Alde
27-12-18, 19:57
Im having burning eyes i got a bit of infection going on in my body so off to see the doctor tomorrow how ever youre symptoms are normal with stress and anxiety youll be fine

Thanks Mind. I hope all goes well for you with the docs tomorrow.

Cheers,

Al

jray23
27-12-18, 20:13
Brilliantly explained, thanks! I suppose constant anxiety causes constant adrenaline which is why the blurred vision is constant?

Cheers,

Al

I'm just spitballing here, but I would theorize that with constant anxiety, and then constant adrenaline, your eyes will also get tired, which I imagine would lead to poorer vision quality until they can relax again.