PDA

View Full Version : lymph node scare again....

Scared10
19-10-18, 11:10
1,5 month ago i noticed a lymph node in the back of my neck but on the lower end, its i think on top of the trapezius muscle, and now i cant let it go im panicking everyday about it en cant stop checking and touching it to see if its already smaller or if its getting bigger. I think its max 1,2 cm in length and i can only feel it if i pull up my shoulder in a certain way (i know how crazy this sounds but im a bit weird :D).
It feels rubbery and smooth so thats good i think, but at the same time i dont trust myself in checking it.

If i google i cant find any info on a lymp node in that location, most articles are about lymph nodes higher up the neck, so i hope there is someone who also has a lymph node in that spot so i can maybe stop freaking out.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

I have ha for a couple of years now been scared about all kinds of things but this is the worst and it doesnt seem to go away, i'm just so very tired of this.

Charlottemay
19-10-18, 19:08
I have one there. The doctor looked at it and said it was fine. Mine however was hard and unmovable. But mine was an old infected lymph node from a past infection from a cold or flu etc. The lymph node ended up staying like that.
Your probably fine, get it checked if your worried. I can feel loads of my lymph nodes and got it all checked because I was worried.

Scared10
20-10-18, 14:35
Thanks for your response it helped me calm down. If it gets bigger i will have it checked out, im scared to go to the docter and i avoid that if possible. I know that sounds weird but ive been seriously ill a couple off years ago, thats also when my ha started. Thanks a lot

Scared10
28-12-18, 07:51
Hey everyone, sorry for opening another lymph node thread but my anxiety is very very bad today. 2 months ago i posted about a lymph node i can feel on the low left side of my neck on top of the trapezius muscle. I noticed that lymph node 4 months ago and i can still feel it, it hasnt changed in size since then but it didnt go away either, i can move it around en when i press it its pretty soft. In the morning its bigger than later on the day i would like to ask if anyone else has that too that a lymph node changes in size during the day? And if it hasnt changed in size during 4 months is that a good thing? I dont know if the node is still up because i keep touching it everyday some days not much but other days i check it about 30 times a day.... i know thats nog good but i dont know how to stop doing it :weep:. The node is slightly bigger than a pea and not visible i can only feel it if i have my arms up when i keep my arms down i cant find the node. I hope someone will take the time to read this.

Pkstracy
28-12-18, 07:57
Have you been to the Doctor about this for peace of mind? If so what did they say? If not maybe you should go to help ease your anxiety.

Scared10
28-12-18, 08:00
No i havent im afraid to go, sorry i know thats weird...

Elen
28-12-18, 10:38
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Scared10
28-12-18, 13:30
Doesnt anyone else have lymphnodes that are bigger in the morning en smaller later on the day? Any help would be appreciated im feeling very down ☹

epistore
28-12-18, 16:13
Doesnt anyone else have lymphnodes that are bigger in the morning en smaller later on the day? Any help would be appreciated im feeling very down ☹

Look, I also think my lymph node changes millimetrically in size during the day ... I get terrified, but I think it can be anxiety mixed with poking them too much.

WiredIncorrectly
28-12-18, 16:19
1,5 month ago i noticed a lymph node in the back of my neck but on the lower end, its i think on top of the trapezius muscle, and now i cant let it go im panicking everyday about it en cant stop checking and touching it to see if its already smaller or if its getting bigger. I think its max 1,2 cm in length and i can only feel it if i pull up my shoulder in a certain way (i know how crazy this sounds but im a bit weird :D).
It feels rubbery and smooth so thats good i think, but at the same time i dont trust myself in checking it.

If i google i cant find any info on a lymp node in that location, most articles are about lymph nodes higher up the neck, so i hope there is someone who also has a lymph node in that spot so i can maybe stop freaking out.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

I have ha for a couple of years now been scared about all kinds of things but this is the worst and it doesnt seem to go away, i'm just so very tired of this.

I have a node in this area that's been large for around 2 years since I noticed. I had long hair, and had it cut. As I was washing I was able to feel the back of my neck and I noticed this area appeared to be "swollen".

I played with it and worried for weeks. In the end I left it alone. I just checked. It's still there.

I don't even worry about it. I've learned from my previous enlarged lymph nodes that it's just the way it is. It doesn't always mean something sinister. Take it from me, I've had Cancer.

Scared10
28-12-18, 21:57
Look, I also think my lymph node changes millimetrically in size during the day ... I get terrified, but I think it can be anxiety mixed with poking them too much.

Yes i thought that too that maybe it feels different depending how my anxiety is at that moment. Tjanks

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Im really gonna try and leave it and stop poking it. Thanks for your help im calmer now

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

I have a node in this area that's been large for around 2 years since I noticed. I had long hair, and had it cut. As I was washing I was able to feel the back of my neck and I noticed this area appeared to be "swollen".

I played with it and worried for weeks. In the end I left it alone. I just checked. It's still there.

I don't even worry about it. I've learned from my previous enlarged lymph nodes that it's just the way it is. It doesn't always mean something sinister. Take it from me, I've had Cancer.

Thanks im gonna try and leave it. You helped me calm down

Fishmanpa
28-12-18, 23:33

As a survivor, I hear you loud and clear. I've said this so many times here. I have real physical issues that literally can put me six feet in the ground. I truly don't "worry" about it. Do I think about it now and again? Sure. But it doesn't hold me captive.

By holding onto these negative thoughts and spending your time worrying about imaginary illnesses and what ifs, you're essentially burying yourself above ground. Read AJoe's post (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1846272&postcount=6). It's some good stuff!

Positive thoughts

WiredIncorrectly
29-12-18, 12:06
As a survivor, I hear you loud and clear. I've said this so many times here. I have real physical issues that literally can put me six feet in the ground. I truly don't "worry" about it. Do I think about it now and again? Sure. But it doesn't hold me captive.

By holding onto these negative thoughts and spending your time worrying about imaginary illnesses and what ifs, you're essentially burying yourself above ground. Read AJoe's post (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1846272&postcount=6). It's some good stuff!

Positive thoughts

Absolutely Fishmanpa, I agree. It took me a long time to realize this after my own Cancer. You've been a great help to me over the years.

Scared10
02-01-19, 13:30
I'm a survivor too and i hope one day i will think like you guys, i'm tired of being scared. The last couple of days have been way better i think because of this forum and im very grateful for your help :hugs: