PDA

View Full Version : Worst Fears all Together

trheiress0305
29-12-18, 04:02
Hi, all. I am currently suffering from health anxiety worse than I ever have. In January of this year I had an anxiety attack and lost 15 pounds in a week. It was over a legitimate concern of a brain tumor that turned out to be a small tangle of blood vessels. All was well until October when I thought I had pancreatic cancer. Yet again, I lost and gained back 15 pounds in 2 weeks time. I don’t have pancreatic cancer of course. But, then about 3 weeks ago I feared Ms, then ALS and now I’m back to a brain tumor. I’ve had a constellation of symptoms that I won’t dare share.

I’m to the point where I’m the only one that believes there’s something wrong with me. My wife says it’s anxiety, 9 doctors (4 GP’s, 2 neurosurgeons, 2 neurons, and 1 gastric) have all said the same. I’m at a loss... this is tearing me apart.
No idea why I’m posting this other than just for support and thoughts if my situation sounds like anything anyone else has went through.

Midnight-mouse
29-12-18, 10:27
I believe that you think there is something wrong, and there is, but it’s the same ‘wrong’ as myself and a lot of other people here. I think you know it’s the truth also as you wouldn’t be posting to an anxiety forum if you didn’t.

You have seen many doctors, if there were something physical to be concerned about they would be working on helping you with it. It is so difficult to believe that some of the things we experience are brought about by mental illnesses but the truth of the matter is that the longer we fight that possibility and continue looking for the ‘reason’ why we feel the way we do, the longer the actual problem goes untreated and gets worse.

Have you considered treatment for the mental health side of what you’re experiencing?

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trheiress0305
29-12-18, 13:14
Thank you for your reply! I’m actually scheduled for my 1st psych appointment on Monday. I’m not ruling out anxiety as a possibility, I just have this strong gut feeling it’s something serious. I know that for 99.9% of us here, these strong gut feelings are basically what’s wrong with us in the 1st place.

I’m just at a loss for words. I feel as though I’m relatively smart and fairly sensible.... so how is it that in a years time I’ve been 100% sure I had a brain tumor, CJD, dementia, colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, spinal cancer and ALS? I was at one time (and still am) POSITIVE I had these ailments.

Sorry, I’m new here so I’m still reading everyone else’s stories tos we if they’re anything like this experience I am going through.

Midnight-mouse
29-12-18, 14:28
It’s a very common thought pattern I’m afraid, you will (as I do) see a lot of your own thought patterns in the posts of others here.

I’m glad that you are seeking help with your mental health, it truly can make such a difference in these situations. Especially as you have already been cleared by the physical health teams!

These thoughts are nothing to be ashamed of but it’s important that we take the time to realise why we feel them, acknowledge the thought but allowing it to pass on by without becoming latched on to it. We aren’t always in full control of our minds, but once we regain that control the physical aspects follow suit.

Stress and anxiety have a HUGE physical effect on the body, it’s hard to believe sometimes I admit, but I believe we must endeavour to do so as to not allow the illnesses to have the power, to doubt is to allow them to take hold.

You described yourself as an intellectual person, much like myself. It’s incredibly difficult to rationalise the irrational nature of mental illnesses, but there are ways and over time you can find a balance and a healthy thought pattern in order to progress and regain control.

Positive vibes

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk