PDA

View Full Version : Worrying about kids health

Yellehs18
29-12-18, 20:21
So as well as worrying about my own health I’m constantly worrying about my children’s, every little knock or illness has me worrying like mad. Am I over reacting, is it just the anxiety??? Help!!! Xx

ankietyjoe
29-12-18, 20:23
If they have a cough, you're overreacting.

If they are grey and unresponsive....maybe not.

But....you probably are.

Yellehs18
29-12-18, 20:29
Haha thank you. My son fell off his scooter and came in with a cut knee and fingers, whilst cleaning it up he said he felt sick, I’m worrying he hit his head or was knocked out. I know it sounds silly but I always think the worst in every situation, I’m currently waiting for my first appointment for CBT so hopefully that will help me. X

Havefaithx
29-12-18, 21:33
Nope, I’m exactly the same with both of my kids. If they are I’ll or have a temp I start asking them to move their neck and always secretly check them for rashes. They are our children and we love them very much I think it’s only natural to worry.

travelgirl77
29-12-18, 22:59
Yes. I once thought there was nothing worse than the health anxiety I have about myself, but I was wrong. The health anxiety I have about my children is a million times worse. I am convinced that one of them will develop this horrific fatal brain tumor that some children in my area have had over the years. I am always anticipating that they will begin exhibiting symptoms even when nothing is present. I constantly check them and how they walk or talk and how their eyes look and if their heads hurt. My son had a cold last week and I was up all night fretting, thinking the cold virus would let cancer in. I have spent hours looking at pictures to compare how they look and if anything is amiss. It is to the point that I am not enjoying their childhoods because I fear they will die soon. I have pictured their funerals and even thought, “ I will use this experience to relate to and help others in this circumstance.” I have even determined where to donate organs. I am not well but the minute I begin to think it is only anxiety, I think “no,no it is something sinister and your mama instinct is right.” All in all a horrible place to be and now I worry that they too are becoming anxious.

Yellehs18
30-12-18, 16:59
Oh guys it really is a bad place to be. I think I make mine anxious too. I guess that we have to tell ourselves if it was bad they would be really ill. Xx
Do any of you have talking therapy? Xx

Scass
30-12-18, 17:01
Yes, the health anxiety around my daughter is really hard to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk