PDA

View Full Version : Partners anger issues and dizzy anxiety

Clare.april.
29-12-18, 22:18
Lately I have noticed that when my partner who suffers from a number of anger issues. He is seeking help and is never physically violent toward myself I have to make that clear.

But I'm noticing more and more my dizzy spells and anxiety flat a up during or when I feel one of his turns coming on.

I've tried to explain this but it sometimes feels it's all about his issues and not what the effect is on myself.
I sit and comfort him..try to talk him down and mostly get told I'm stupid or to just leave..but that often just makes things worse because I have abandoned him.

izzybizzy
10-01-19, 18:29
Hey I went through something similar with my ex, he would have rage episodes again not hurting me but he would call me names and sometimes punch the walls this eventually made me increasingly anxious, I’d feel it build up as he got angrier. We aren’t together anymore and when I look back I realise he was extremely self involved it was always about his issues and me comforting him even when he’d been horrible to me. Everyone is different but I think you need to consider if this relationship is good for your mental health. Relationships are a two way street, support and understanding on both sides. When it’s so one sided it can be very draining and have a debilitating effect on the side that is making the most effort.

You should come first in your life no one else, only by looking after ourselves can we truly care for others and have relationships that are healthy.

Please take care of yourself and remember to make your needs a priority.

jojo2316
10-01-19, 18:37
I’m not sure this sounds like a healthy situation for you. How long have you been together?