PDA

View Full Version : valproate/valproic acid for social anxiety

farshad
30-12-18, 20:50
Hi Im starting zyprexa soon together with valproate... Has anyone been on valproate alone or this two combo of meds and found them effective for anxiety??

Benjammin69
30-12-18, 23:22
That’s a pretty heavy mix for anxiety... do you have any other conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farshad
31-12-18, 00:49
That’s a pretty heavy mix for anxiety... do you have any other conditions?

just severe social anxiety and I have tried many drugs to no success..

never tried valproate but i have tried zyprexa low dose once and i remember it working pretty well. I wanna try 2000mg valproate with 20mg zyprexa.

in the past ive tried: SSRi,SNRI,TCA,MAOI , lyrica,buspar and some more and they did nothing. I have heard valproate is calming and zyprexa can be used off label for anxiety which I can understand why since it helped my anxiety.

Benjammin69
31-12-18, 19:10
Good stuff. I’ve tried loads of meds too with no avail, so I’m
One of the rare ones who get prescribed benzo long term. I am on seroquel instead of zyprexa and sodium valproate is actually meant to work like benzos so I can see how they would work! 20mg zyprexa is high though?

farshad
31-12-18, 22:13
yeah i will start at zyprexa 10mg , 20mg is my goal.. but i read a study where a guy used up to 60mg reacted better but 20mg didnt work so.. well see how much i need for anxiety.

there should be a seperate section for valproate/valproic acid since it is so good for anxiety so I have heard and read many reviews..