PDA

View Full Version : Colonoscopy in 2 days, freaking out , help

dantheman007
31-12-18, 07:42
Hi everybody

I have my colonoscopy in 2 days and today I start the special diet today, problem is I ate something bad on Saturday and now I have diarrhoea, I知 worried how I can have laxatives if I have diarrhoea ? Is it safe

I知 also scared about the procedure and the results. Please can anyone give me some advice on the procedure and what I should do and not do etc?

Thanks all

Dan

jojo2316
31-12-18, 11:23
I’m sure it is fine to continue with the prep. The preceding days are the worst bit, the colonoscopy itself is fine; quick and not painful. I’ve had two so if you have any questions just ask...
Good luck!

Fishmanpa
31-12-18, 12:03
I agree with Jojo. The prep will make you do the same thing anyway and clean you totally out. Not a doctor but unless you're really ill with a virus or something and this a one off from eating crap, I wouldn't sweat it.

The prep is the worst part. Just make sure you have a good book or your phone/laptop is charged because I think you can guess where you'll be spending some time :shades:

The procedure itself is a breeze. You're going to get some good drugs (and if they don't offer, ask!) and you won't give hoot or remember :winks:

Positive thoughts

dantheman007
31-12-18, 17:42
Thank you guys for the reply , I spoke to my gastro guy and he said it痴 fine

I知 so nervous , please pray for me guys , I really hope it痴 nothing serious

I will update you once I知 done

nomorepanic
31-12-18, 17:56
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

WiseMonkey
31-12-18, 22:06
As the others said the procedure is very easy. If you're having it done privately, the surgeon will talk to you about the results after the procedure when you wake up.