PDA

View Full Version : Itchy Brain Help

Ben1989
31-12-18, 20:20
Hi all,

Been doing really good as of late and my CBT has finished and although it didn’t cure me it’s definitely had a helping hand. It’s a shame I’ve ended up here again after many weeks off the site.

As the title says this struck me almost instantly tonight and my CBT can’t help with this so I’m here for reassurance. Me and my wife had sex actually and it happened about five minutes afterwards. Not sure if related or not

From a quick google (stupid) the results I saw were MS, brain lesions etc etc. Not good.

It feels like when you get cold and get a bit of a shiver. It feels like that in my brain. Itching doesn’t really help at all. Been about an hour now. Great way to start the year :unsure:

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

And the itching is all over my body now but more of a burning itch. It’s quite relentless

Fishmanpa
31-12-18, 20:33
What CBT exercises would be helpful for you?

Positive thoughts

Ben1989
31-12-18, 20:53
I would say thought deferment. Allocate myself a time to worry about it later

Fishmanpa
31-12-18, 21:42
I would say thought deferment. Allocate myself a time to worry about it later

There ya go! It's New Years! Don't allow this to take it away! ;)

Positive thoughts

Ben1989
01-01-19, 21:00
My brain just has a buzz or a fuzziness to it. It’s very concerning and hasn’t diminished.

I also ran upstairs and the buzz intensified and I felt a very isolated pressure in my rear left brain

MyNameIsTerry
02-01-19, 03:03
How about some other CBT tools as well? Perhaps those that a) stop you before you Google b) help you to recognise that you are searching for the scary c) remember that feeling a sensation for a short period of time may be just something the body does and doesn't have to mean anything d) helps you to tolerate a sensation without cycle reinforcement (obsession> compulsion) e) asks you to reframe a new conclusion based on counter evidence, etc.

RadioGaGa
02-01-19, 18:50
I have had exactly what you describe quite a few times over the years. And I'm still here to tell the tale. Although, mine have came from less exciting situations than yours :roflmao:

Good luck

MyNameIsTerry
02-01-19, 19:48
I have had exactly what you describe quite a few times over the years. And I'm still here to tell the tale. Although, mine have came from less exciting situations than yours :roflmao:

Good luck

Yeah, it's never as good on your own. :winks::roflmao: