PDA

View Full Version : Pituitary Tumor fear

Soda
31-12-18, 20:15
I went to the gyno last week and took a blood test for my hormones. I’ve been scared they were unbalanced for some time and now I’m even more scared because today she called me up and said that I should come into the office in a few days to chat about my results.

my mind jumped to the worst thing I could think of which is a pituatary tumor and now I am OVER THE MOON STRESSED, And to think today I was just going to celebrate and have fun, I am so scared I’m going to die now.

utrocket09
01-01-19, 05:28
I went to the gyno last week and took a blood test for my hormones. I’ve been scared they were unbalanced for some time and now I’m even more scared because today she called me up and said that I should come into the office in a few days to chat about my results.

my mind jumped to the worst thing I could think of which is a pituatary tumor and now I am OVER THE MOON STRESSED, And to think today I was just going to celebrate and have fun, I am so scared I’m going to die now.

If you had such issues you would have symptoms such as leaking from your breasts due to high prolactin.

WhereIsMyMind
01-01-19, 16:27
You aren't going to die. I have been called back into the surgery just because my ferritin was low (in fact, they asked if I could go in the same day, for something as simple as that), so it's just as likely, if not more likely, that it's something minor. Especially considering they told you to come in "in a few days". They're not going to let you sit there with a life threatening tumour for a few days.

So yes, there may be some abnormality. But I would bet money on it not being anything to seriously worry about.