PDA

View Full Version : Felt like the start of a panic attack

Sampowell542
01-01-19, 10:12
Ive been feeling unwell this morning, just generally a little unwell like I've got a stomach bug. Waa standing in work and got this intense feeling of sickness. Seconds later my heart started pounding. You know when youre about to have a attack, hands clammy etc.

Ive had issues with thinking im about to have a heart attack due to chest pains - which have gone. But now this is stressing me out.
Could it just be my body reacting to me feeling the nausea wave. Im going round the hole theres something up with my heart again.

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

Now my heart rate is 101. Panicking like mad

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Could it have just been a strong palpatation that ive reacted to and started panicking?

RadioGaGa
01-01-19, 11:29
This is perfectly normal

I remember last time I came down with norovirus, I was actually in work. And I was standing waiting on the lift back down to pharmacy when I got this sudden wave go over me from my head down to my feet, whilst simultaneously feeling like I was going to pass out. My heart rate was very very fast, and I needed to vomit ASAP.

101bpm isn't that fast by the way lol

Good luck you'll be fine

GiantMogwai
01-01-19, 11:37
Yup, agree with RadioGaGa.

ankietyjoe
01-01-19, 12:00
You can have anxiety without having a full blown panic attack. A panic attack is most often caused by anxiety about anxiety and the escalation feedback loop.

101bpm whilst feeling anxious is nothing to worry about. At all.

Also, if you do have some kind of infection, your heart rate will often be higher than normal anyway for as long as the infection is present. It's completely normal.

Sampowell542
01-01-19, 14:31
Thank you so much for your replies. Filled me with so much confidence. It was just a short burst of higher heart rste and sickness that just worried the life out of me that got me all stressed